Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Default 5 years ago today !

I have to ask What where you doing 5 years ago today?

I was sitting in a gas station parking lot crammed into an over loaded car , that was hot and filled with cranky kids and a wet dog.
We where part of a caravan of 4 vehicles running from that monster bitch katrina. It was the beginning of a new era for me and my family and everyone I know.

Funny how something will be pivotal in your life and you can remember it VIVIDLY years later.

Has anything like that ever happened to you? ow and can you remember what you where doing back then.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:37 AM
~Lisa~

I can remember the exact second when the huge black out in North America happened. Was sitting at a stop light driving a hour north to a friends new house. When all the lights started flashing, I figured it was just a small power outage at that location, as I continued to drive, I noticed everything was out. Finally relized it was more then a small outage, as my whole town and the next 2 were all out. that was the start of 3 days of darkness.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

crazy huh , that second is right there huh. i feel the same way ,

i have another one , when i found out my granny had died back in feburary , i cant still remember the physical feeling of the world crashing in , the spinning head and the gutwrenching feeling of NO!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Obey the Toad.

The only major world event type thing I can remember exactly what I was doing when I found out was 9/11. DH (he was my fiance then) was moving out of his apartment into my parents house with me. We were in separate cars making a trip back to his apartment to get more boxes when they said on the radio that a plane crashed into none of the buildings of the World Trade Center. I remember pulling up next to DH at a stop light and telling him to turn on the radio, something crazy was happening. It was early on so they had thought that it was an accident at first, then the second plane hit. The first tower fell while I was listening to it unfold on the radio in the car. We got to his apartment and turned on CNN and saw the second tower fall.....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Oh I remember the blackout lol. I was home with my dad, little bro and my boyfriend at the time. we were just watching tv and suddenly all the lights were out.

we waited a bit and they didn't come back on so we decided to go and play mini golf lol. that's when we found out that EVERYTHING was out.

then I remember when our power came back on at 3 am that night... and ALL the lights came on lol. and I ALSO remember we were the ONLY Tim Hortons in all of London that had power and was open the next day. talk about a NIGHTMARE of a day

but 5 years ago today I can't remember specifically. I know I was a newly wed. we had just gotten married on the 22nd.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

i remember the 9/11 also , waking up to my stepmom screaming and then staring at the tv in total shock for hours and realizing my world was no longer safe as it was when i went to bed.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I remember 9/11 too. I was in Mr Mordon's (what a perv) 3rd period study hall in middle school.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 08-29-2010, 11:24 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

5 years ago today I was celebrating my mom's 37th birthday We were at my grandparents and had just moved from the US to Germany. We were also following the news updates on Katrina.

I remember 9/11 pretty vividly, I think most people do though. I remember my grandma calling us (I didnt have school because of parent teacher confrences) paniced, because my dad had flown from Boston to LA with AA a day before. She was worried that she had gotten the date wrong. My mom and i were both still asleep when she called us and had no idea what was going on. We called my dad like 5 minutes after calming my grandma down, who had no idea what was going on either.
I remember him trying to get home to us, because he couldn't fly. So he and some others that were stuck in LA drove all the way back to rhode Island.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:39 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

on 9/11 I was working at burger king and had no idea what was going on until some customers came in and told us what happened. then we turned on our little tv in the backroom and saw it was true.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Sport Model Pug

On 9/11 i was getting ready for school and watching cartoons on TV and then BAM it happened, no more cartoons on. Then at school they made us watch CNN all morning and sent us home for the afternoon... i didn't know WHY they made fourth graders watch that though.

5 years ago today though? i can't remember what happened.

But as for memorable dates? The day grandpa died is still fresh in my mind and it's been almost a year. Same with the day that Izzie got slashed by Jersey and that was a year and a half ago.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug