Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Question SleepyPod Mobile Pet Bed

Has anyone ever heard of these?

Sleepypod® Mobile Pet Bed

They look like something my chis would love! They are airline approved, can be used as car seats, can be used as beds, etc.

They have heater inserts as well.

Thoughts? Experience?

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Just try me..

The fun round ones aren't the ones that are airline approved, I do like their 'air' ones. Sounds like a good design.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
The fun round ones aren't the ones that are airline approved, I do like their 'air' ones. Sounds like a good design.
I think the 'mini' one is.

Quote:
Sleepypod Mini was created with the active, small pet owner in mind. It has the same stress-free travel versatility as the larger Sleepypod with an added ability to fit under an airline seat.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

LOL okay, I was picturing something TOTALLY different... like a pet bed on wheels... and I was imagining myself rolling the bed around with Auggie in it, and was like "Okay, that would be funny for ME, but I don't think Auggie would really like it..."

TOTALLY not what it actually is, LMAO.
I am really disappointed that Auggie is too big for it, because the little logo on the front with the sheep is adorable. D=

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
LOL okay, I was picturing something TOTALLY different... like a pet bed on wheels... and I was imagining myself rolling the bed around with Auggie in it, and was like "Okay, that would be funny for ME, but I don't think Auggie would really like it..."

TOTALLY not what it actually is, LMAO.
I am really disappointed that Auggie is too big for it, because the little logo on the front with the sheep is adorable. D=
LMAO!

I love the sheep logo as well. It would be perfect for Rory if he were 1/2 his size. But then again, Rory is weird and pulls his bed OUT of his crate anyway.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
<----Thanks Allie

those are pretty cute!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Top Dog

Wow! Those are really nice! Expensive though. But it looks like a lot of workmanship. Those puppies in the video were adorable. Too bad they don't inclulde all the accessories. I guess I really wouldn't use one that much. I don't go anywhere that often and when I do, I use their crate. (in the car. I don't carry them around much. They walk if they're not in the car) At home, their "sleepy pod" is burrowing under a goose down comforter on the couch or my bed. But if I went on an airplane a lot, that might be just the "ticket." LOL. Are you thinking of getting one or more for your Chi's Jessie? They do look super nice.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

I actually like the rectangular one better than the other one. I REALLY like how you can attach it to your suitcase telescoping handle. What a great way to free up your hands. For someone like me with two kids that is always a plus plus plus!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Wow! Those are really nice! Expensive though. But it looks like a lot of workmanship. Those puppies in the video were adorable. Too bad they don't inclulde all the accessories. I guess I really wouldn't use one that much. I don't go anywhere that often and when I do, I use their crate. (in the car. I don't carry them around much. They walk if they're not in the car) At home, their "sleepy pod" is burrowing under a goose down comforter on the couch or my bed. But if I went on an airplane a lot, that might be just the "ticket." LOL. Are you thinking of getting one or more for your Chi's Jessie? They do look super nice.
I'm looking into car seat options for our trip in December. Not sure if we're going to TN or heading further up north. We normally put the chis in their crates in the hatchback of Ian's car, but these would be a real space saver.

If anything, Rylie and Chloe would really enjoy using them as beds, especially with the heating pad insert.

We really need an SUV. I have a sedan and Ian has a coupe, and it's become difficult to find ways to arrange the dogs for trips. We're probably going to have to go the SUV route soon, which stinks because we both really like our cars.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Just try me..

they are cute, for air travel I think dogs would have a lot more room in the rectangular one.

Jessie, Does your car have room for 4 of those lol? The bigger ones might fit a couple though. The store where Vanilla Sugar works at had those in. They looked really nice and well made (though my dogs would be through them in a heart beat). The big ones looked like they might fit two small chis. I never saw a small one but it says they are for dogs up to 5.5 pounds... now if only they stacked lol.