Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 09-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

Default 3 puppies and a cat

Hey guys, I have 3 puppies and a cat. My puppies are Bouviers, and I adopted them from a breeder who could not sell them from her last litter. Well, Harley, Sirius and Vixen get along famously, but the dogs don't like Darwin, my cat. They chase him and the other day, Darwin had enough of Harley chasing him and scratched him on the back.

I need this to stop, does anyone know how I can get them to get along?

Sirius
Old 09-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Top Dog

Teach the 'leave it' command. Are you sure they don't like the cat? Mine chase the cats too, but it's to play with them, lol.

In any case, you must be really courageous to have 3 puppies.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

I'm pretty sure they like him, they're always wagging their tails whenever their chasing him.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Does the cat have a safe place? Like some place the dogs can't get to that the cat can go and relaxe?
Old 09-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Top Dog

What kind of breeder would sell you three puppies from the same litter at the same time???????!!!! You are going to have your hands full (an understatement) and I fear for these dogs' outcome. I don't like to sound pessimistic and don't want to be cruel. But you better find out fast how to train dogs and spend oodles of time with each one seperately. You might have to quit going to school or quit work to do this. One puppy is enough of a challenge for even the most experienced dog people. And this breed will not be easy. How old are these pups? Is there someone besides you to help you with them? I do wish you all the best with them. Really I do. You can do this, but it will take massive amounts of work IMO to make them turn out well.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Active Pup

I totally agree with doberluv,

Three puppies will be a hand full especially from the same crate. You will need proper training and with a cat sometimes it gets harder due to the distractions.
Free 30 Minute Audio Reveals Shocking Little-Known Facts From a Master Dog Trainer That Will Teach You Step By Step How To Make Sure Your New Puppy Feels Happy, Healthy and Loved While Preparing Him For Good Behaviors And A Solid Foundation For Training

Go Here For Your Free Copy Of This 30 Minute Audio Here:
http://www.dogtrainingsecrets.org
Old 09-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Show Dog

aside from the, oh my god three puppies issue! lol, I would never be able to handle that.

My puppy likes to chase my cats (1 pup, three cats) to play with them, they do NOT like this and will scratch her once in a while. I make sure it doesn't get out of hand but other then that I let them deal with it themselves. The cats do have their own space where the puppy can't go so they dont have to be confronted with her all the time. It's been (let me think) 4 months now that we've had her and they are showing some improvement. (mainly when they are too sleeply to know who's licking them lol) I have hope for the future.... lol.

Thanks to Keyodie!