Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
My last piece of advice. Move.
^^^ What she said.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Top Dog

Nice. Well, okay. I was kinda hoping he'd go away, but if you don't want to sympathize or even understand where I'm coming from, how all this got going the way it did, that's certainly your prerogative. Okay...I'm gone.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

Hi Doberluv --you know I hardly ever post --but I just wanted to clarify --I think the two posts about moving are referencing the OP not you. Don't leave! you know your advice is appreciated here !
Old 07-24-2010, 12:54 PM
swimming upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmh1 View Post
Hi Doberluv --you know I hardly ever post --but I just wanted to clarify --I think the two posts about moving are referencing the OP not you. Don't leave! you know your advice is appreciated here !
oh absolutely--I think it referenced advice for the OP>
as for you Doberluv...you know your advice is very much valued here. I also think that the OP was ready to tackle anyone who was going to challenge his thoughts on the koehler's methods, and you were first up!

Anyway---wouldn't make yourself crazy over it--I think the OP overreacted.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Top Dog

I'll pm you two so I don't take this off topic anymore.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
My last piece of advice. Move.
Nah, bagpipes. Let everyone else move

Or, better yet . . . record the dogs barking and when you know your neighbors are trying to relax or sleep, take it out into the backyard, next to the fence and let it rip Sometimes you DO have to fight fire with fire.

Face it, as long as the owners aren't going to control their dogs, realistically, you can't.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

Ah-ha! Now I get it. Move, as in move to another neighborhood. Not "Carrie, stop dwelling on this and move along." ROFLOL! I'm so dumb! Didn't catch that. Woops!Sorry....

Quote:
Or, better yet . . . record the dogs barking and when you know your neighbors are trying to relax or sleep, take it out into the backyard, next to the fence and let it rip Sometimes you DO have to fight fire with fire.
Yup....I agree. Good advice. hahahaha

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_D View Post
That is why i want to help out. But i know how the Koehler method is viewed, so i am here asking for other options. FOR SURE the neighbors will view the Koehler method as if i am trying to hurt or break her dog's neck. I just don't want to be viewed like that after knowing what i now know. I have not been in touch with new training methods at all, which is why i started this thread.
I still like some of Koehler's methods as far as the basic obedience goes. It's the only method i ever knew of, so i guess i need to re-learn other methods, which i am not opposed to learning and doing.

Robbie_d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_D View Post
Hi all,

I can't respond to every post but i am reading them closely.
Thanks for all the advice.

Robbie_d
You know, these statements sound, to me, very much like someone who has stepped back from a defensive stance and is responding like a reasonable human being.

Surely, if Robbie can do this, the rest of us can too.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, well I saw a lot of contradictions. He directly told me that he didn't want to know anything about what was in those links and books, what that was all about.

Quote:
If i wanted to know what the current, modern trainers are doing with dogs these days, i'm certain i would have asked that question.
All and all, just a lot of inconsistencies and a lot of smart ass retorts, trolling, seemingly to stir things up...

Anyhow, I'm done with this nonsense. I'll be more cautious and reserved next time, if responding to training questions, especially with cocky newbies.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Doberluv; 07-24-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Ah-ha! Now I get it. Move, as in move to another neighborhood. Not "Carrie, stop dwelling on this and move along." ROFLOL! I'm so dumb! Didn't catch that. Woops!Sorry....
Oh my Carrie i'd NEVER tell you to leave! I love your posts on training! It's one thing we definitely agree on! Haha!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug