Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Just try me..

Default Dekka's latest obsession (low qual pics sorry)

Is 'go swim'. 'Go swim' beats 'want a cookie' or 'where's the rat?' as her mostest favourite phrase a human can utter.

First it was swimming in our pond at home but its small..

Hey there is a child in my go swim!

THen we went to the cottage.
hmm lots of space in this go swim, its still all mine

Ew the child still insists on contaminating my go swim! (yes she is screaming her head off)

Looking at with great pleasure at 'her' go swim beside all the go swim splash/stream making devices... (a very content terrier)

Actually going swim in the go swim.

At home if she is hot and her human does not take her up to the pond she will use the smaller go swims, also known as water troughs and water buckets. She sits in there and growls at any horse that has the nerve to wonder why their drinking container is now a 'go swim'

We have a spot to go swim called the piggery. Its just one road over and soo close and sooo fantastic. No squishy weeds, all smooth rock or coarse sand.

Eyeing up other human's large brightly coloured squishy sticks (also called pool noodles)

She always wears her leash in case someone shows up with a dog, I can grab her quickly. She is so obcessed with go swim though that she never wanders, she is either watching the water intently (she even sits on my parents deck and stares at their above ground pool 'go swim' for hours at a time) or is leaping in to get a stick, a ball or just joining a kid who is running in..

This go swim is warm..

You will notice this large colourful squishy stick is covered in Dekka sized bite marks..

Dekka loves chilling in the go swim with people. She will hook her front paws over the large colourful squishy stick and just float with me. (or stand on me if people are throwing balls etc)
Old 07-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Just try me..

She found something better.. some of the kids tonight had these large flutter boards

I had a float on the go swim

I has adoring minions whilst I has a float

Tonight was really fun. We spent hours at the piggery. Kids and parents threw sticks for Dekka. She played JRT in the middle when they were tossing balls in the water. I now have a very very tired JRT, but one who would likely perk up if I uttered the words

"want to go swim"?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Your dog is awesome. And cute. And I want one that will sit in a bucket like that.

I loved the "go swim" part, lol.

Enzo will go swim in anything. She's jumped in everything from real swimming pools, to tiny ponds. She has a penchant for jumping in stock tanks.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 PM
just call me Nilly

Aww Dekka looks like she's having so much fun!! I wish Sierra liked the water

(Also, what camera are you using?? I'm not used to pics like this of your crew! It freaked me out a little at first!)

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Just try me..

CD you just need a dog that fits in a bucket, or get a bigger bucket lol!

Nilly its just my crackberry. I might try to get some good pics with my camera, though not sure what parents would think of me snapping pics with my super obvious zoom lens... That and some of those pics are taken by me standing nearly up to my shoulders in the middle of the indian river (you should come sometime.. its so awesome)
Old 07-16-2010, 10:15 PM
just call me Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Nilly its just my crackberry. I might try to get some good pics with my camera, though not sure what parents would think of me snapping pics with my super obvious zoom lens... That and some of those pics are taken by me standing nearly up to my shoulders in the middle of the indian river (you should come sometime.. its so awesome)
Aaah, okay. You had me worried that something had happened to your camera!!

I was just thinking this week that we haven't hung out in a while. This should be fixed

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Top Dog

Hehe... so cute! Jackson is also a water fool

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Top Dog

I love how much personality there is in these pictures. Love love love Dekka's spunk!

Erin Bell
Milford, Ct

mom of Jude Nathaniel, Jonah Samuel, and puppy in the sky- Francis Gabriel
expecting baby girl from Ethiopia in 2015!
my site
Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Top Dog

I'm so jealous. I always wanted a dog that would love to swim and we've only had one. She sure is cute.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:59 AM
swimming upstream

how funny--I love the one of her in the bucket!