Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Love My Mutt <3

As far as how much they get paid, it really is dependant upon the dog walker and the owner. Usually, they get paid by the length of the walk, and the size/handability of the dog. Small, easy dogs are not going to be as difficult to walk as larger dogs, so they generally charge less. Usually, for more than one dog, there would be a discount for the second dog (even if walked seperately).

Now, as far as training on walk, usually the walker will work on LLW, but other than that, it depends on the walker and what the owner wants.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Go Luke and Ophie!!

Regarding the small fenced in area, have you looked at local dog parks? Not saying bringing them in with the other dogs, but some parks have a small dog section that is separated from the bigger dogs (I know ours is). You could also find a field, or beach and keep them on a long line.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 AM
feel the magic

Well, we do not have any local dog parks. Nor do we have any beaches since we are in Illinois. We have Ben's parents' house, so we may try that.
Plus, my ankle is still CRAP, so it's limited time I can spend doing the exercise.

THANK GOD both pups have proven to be so good at training! I'd be screwed!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Fila Love

A video or pictures would be wonderful. Maybe Ben could take the pictures? Glad Ophie and Luke are doing good in training class, not that I am suprised, they are both so smart and cute.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Felurian

Isn't it nice, though, to have the Pit Bulls in class -- and they aren't the first ones to snark? Your two are so full of awesome adorables, though, that it would be hard for anyone not to think they were incapable of naughtiness, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian