Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Big Dog

Default Do you celebrate your pets birthday?

I do and it will be Cidney's 11th this Sunday. I normall buy the strawberry shortcake sponge cakes and will cut in half and spray a little whip cream on it. I invite the neighbor to bring her dogs over and each dog gets their own little saucer with half a sponge cake. Then I take them to the park for an extented walk and off we go to Petsmart to pick out a toy.

What do you do to celebrate?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Big Dog

How did you come up with "Gotcha Days" and what do you do on Gotcha Days? Come on now, you can tell us, we wont think you are crazy, really, lol.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Puppy Dog

Hi Cidney, this will be tinkerbells first b-day on the 21st of this month but she is going into the hospital to be fixed so im going to throw her her first one saturday, any suggestions, i have given one for a horse but not a dog. HELP
Old 10-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Show Dog

Blondie's just 9 months old but we've always celebrated every second of the month as his birthday... we got him a toy when he was 3, 4 or 5 months old. This past weekend he turned 9 months old and he got a doghouse (which he's STILL ignoring) People around here think we're so crazy they're anxiously awaiting Blondie's first birthday to see what we're going to do That'll happen on January 2nd.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Felurian

Since I can never remember anybody's correct birthday with any regularity, AND I am a devotee of Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, I just give UnBirthday presents when the fit takes me.

No one - including the dogs - ever knows when I'll strike and bring home an UnBirthday present . . .
Old 10-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Big Dog

We celebrate the day the girls came into our home. We don't know Serene's b-day b/c she was abandonned, but she came to live with us July 19/02-2 weeks after our wedding. Jersey came to us on Mar 27/03-we picked her out of the litter on my husband's 29th b-day and brought her home 2 weeks later when I had days off to get her feeling at home.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:51 PM
3 Big Dogs

Oh yes, birthdays! We celebrate the day we brought our guys home. We usually get a big ham and each of the three get a hunk of it. Therefore, it is like having three birthdays a year. With Bently fighting cancer right now. We have a birthday for him every weekend because two weeks ago they gave him forty eight hours to live. I tell everyone, oh today is Bently's birthday!! Of course, this and all the spoiling year round make for happy dogs!! LL
Old 10-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

Brady's first birthday is October 13 so I am going to invite his girlfriend over and maybe get them some special treats. i think I may even draw up invitations. LOL! Also I will buy him a special toy. Is there a place where you can buy invitations to a dog's birthday party? They have to have them somewhere.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Felurian

Why don't you get some blank cards that you can print on your computer printer, and after you've printed the message on the inside, using non-toxic paint (of course ), put Brady's pawprints on the front?
Old 10-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

That is a really cute idea. I saw Jenny's mom tonight and I said I was going to buy them some frosty paws. (I would try to find a doggie cake but that sounds like something I would have to fnd in New York and not Nashville....but I guess you never know). I do know Pet Smart has the stuffed birthday toys you can get for them, like a stuffed cake with stuffed candles on it. Brady gets so excited when I bring home a new stuffed squeaky toy. He has pulled all the stuffing out fo most of the ones he ahs, so it is time for a new one.