Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 09-24-2005, 02:04 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

Default What do you hate...

about giving your dog a bath?
I don't like giving Dallas a bath b/c its so hard getting all the shampoo out of his coat. Its so fluffy and I don't know how to get all of it out. Any suggestions? I rinse him really good but I still don't get it all out.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I love my dog Neko

mine is my dog hate baths and we have sliding glass door for are shower and he will push on the glass door and the door will come off.

"You will turn into what you really are deep deep down in your heart."
"I'm bologna deep down in my heart.'
"yes yes you are"
"That just dumb."
"Dumb like a moose Dib. Dumb like a moose." From Inviter Zim

"I'm nether man nor beast. I feel nothing." for wolf's rain Darcia's
Old 09-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Keyozilla

I hate giving Charlie a bath because I get all wet. He always tries to get out of the bath tub, and when he almost succeeds, I have to kinda "carry" him back in. And when we take him out of the tub, he shakes himself off which gets me wet also. And another thing, I think our hose is mental or something. It always gets me wet.

Meow.
Between the Rain Drops :: My graphics/personal website
Old 09-24-2005, 02:13 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

LOL Keyo
Dallas loves baths, well sorta he like sthe water and all cause he's a retriever and he likes to get massaged with the shampoo.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Top Dog

I take Toby in the shower and I hate how he walks back and forth the whole time trying to get away from the water. He steps all over my feet.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Top Dog

I just rinse and rinse and rinse and rinse for a loooong time. My main problem is getting Boris in the tub, lol.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:26 PM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

LOl Fran.
Oh fran do I just keep rinsing Dallas for awhile so the shampoo comes out? I bought some really good dog shampoo the other day and I bathed Dallas w/ it and it worked great on getting his coat softer, shiner, and more healthier!
Old 09-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't like giving Dallas a bath b/c its so hard getting all the shampoo out of his coat. Its so fluffy and I don't know how to get all of it out. Any suggestions? I rinse him really good but I still don't get it all out.
When I am bathing a dog (I have Newfoundland dogs...very big coats ). I use a really good shampoo, or even a homemade shampoo I found on the internet works great as well (mixture of palmolive dish soap, glycerine and white vinegar)...its also a good investment to get a hand shower nozzle, the type you can move around.
I lather up, brush through the coat...nothing better than a wet soapy coat to brush out all the undercoat and clumpy coats...it also helps to get dirt out as well. I have some special bathing rubber brushes I ordered...they last forever and are great for using on a wet soapy dogs. After I have them all lathered up, and brushed in the tub, I start rinsing, starting with the head and down the neck...chest, arm pits (amazing how many people miss the arm pits)...I hold the nozzle right up to the coat and hold in one place for a few seconds. I then rinse off the entire back, tail under the tail...another place that is missed is between the should blades. I then bring the nozzle down each leg, up again down the tail, under the tail etc. After you have the dog rinsed from head to tail and undercarraige I go over them one more time. You will know the dog is completely soap free when the water runs clear of bubbles. . Make sure you keep the nozzle on top of the coat and move across every inch of the dog...don't assume that by rinsing the head the neck will be rinsed. . I also rinse each paw, lift up and rinse underneath as well...we had one Newf get an infection between his toes from not being rinsed properly between the toes...he just happened to be 1 in 100 dogs that the soap stayed between his toes.

The only thing I hate about grooming my Newf's is one of my females gets very lazy and will lay down in the tub. I have to hold her up the entire bath...she is not a small dog weighing almost 140 lbs. She does the same for the grooming table when being blown dry...she constantley hangs her head. She was not a joy when being shown and having to groom once a week.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:17 PM
no touchy

I get sopping wet and my arms get all scratched up, lol. Plus the wet dog smell afterwars...ugh.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Top Dog

Something else about his bath. I have to use a special shampoo on him and it has to be left on for ten minutes. Imagine us just standing in the shower for ten minutes and he is giving me this look like "why are you doing this to me?" the whole time.