Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 PM
*Now with Snark*

What a pretty little papillon. Loads of color on that one.

A couple years ago I bred a litter and I must admit tears came to my eyes when I received a photo of the adult version of the little puppy I sent out into the world. They can change so very much and there is such a wide spectrum of type across the breed.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
What a pretty little papillon. Loads of color on that one.

A couple years ago I bred a litter and I must admit tears came to my eyes when I received a photo of the adult version of the little puppy I sent out into the world. They can change so very much and there is such a wide spectrum of type across the breed.
I love the variety in this breed. Each one is so different and yet there are lots of different looks that are imo so stunning. I do wish more color was more in favor. I love the ones with less white (contrary to my crew who are mostly white)

I'd love to see pics of your paps by the way.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:45 PM
*Now with Snark*

Sure thing...
this is the puppy I was talking about
Before:

After:
Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm All Ears

Wow! He sure has a beautiful coloration too!

How many paps do you have right now?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
*Now with Snark*

Just the four. My inn is full with the exception of still looking for a new stud dog. I've been looking for the right guy for about three years... lol the search goes on.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Twin 2.0

Both those boys are STUNNING! Mia really has his head type. I'm with you, more coloration is really needed!

Kat, what a gorgeous boy--is that technically sable?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:13 PM
*Now with Snark*

hound tri... it's a girl. I wanted a boy so of course i got an all girl litter. lol.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm All Ears

How is she considered hound without having solid black body patching?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 PM
*Now with Snark*

All hound tri is - is a black blanket pattern sable. She has that-therefore hound tri. The extent of that blanket pattern changes just like in german shepherds and with luck of spotting we can clearly identify the color. Sometimes- life isn't that nice and if she only had facial markings I would have called her a sable most likely. Her sisters are sables because they have clearly brown pattern spots where there would be that blanket pattern. Braylor's papillons has a great colors section that covers what is hound tri - and where the mystery line is between sable and hound tri, often times it depends on the eye of the beholder.. Like most of the papillon colors besides black and white there is a ton of variations in tris both hound and classic and sables.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
All hound tri is - is a black blanket pattern sable. She has that-therefore hound tri. The extent of that blanket pattern changes just like in german shepherds and with luck of spotting we can clearly identify the color. Sometimes- life isn't that nice and if she only had facial markings I would have called her a sable most likely. Her sisters are sables because they have clearly brown pattern spots where there would be that blanket pattern. Braylor's papillons has a great colors section that covers what is hound tri - and where the mystery line is between sable and hound tri, often times it depends on the eye of the beholder.. Like most of the papillon colors besides black and white there is a ton of variations in tris both hound and classic and sables.
I think I would still call her a sable, but I know there's a lot of debate about hounds vs sable. My Mia is a hound tri but she's about the darkest hound I've ever seen. Mia's body patch is solid black like a true tricolor.

Okay so hound tri is essentially a creeping tan pattern like seen in beagles, etc (hence the hound), right? Mia started out looking like a traditional tricolor but her tan spread over her whole face.

I often use Brandi's site for colors. I also use Aleda-Letit's color site a lot too.