Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 06-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Default Pittie Rescues

Can anyone recommend a reputable bully rescue in Ontario?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

Why? They are banned in Ontario, so no one in Ontario can adopt them...or do you know someone who is interested in adopting an Ontario pit?

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

Why?
Because I want to volunteer as a foster home or for anything else they may need help for (i.e. fundraising, transports, etc)
Old 06-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Top Dog

"Pit Bulls" are banned in Ontario. Unless you own one that was grandfathered in, you cannot own one now or you will end up getting an innocent dog killed.

I commend you for wanting to help, but people need to continue fighting that b.s. by writing letters, making phone calls, and continuing to put pressure on the government up there.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Wookie Collie

There are a number of pit bull rescues in Ontario that are committed to fighting the pit bull ban, and in turn also take in pit bulls from SPCAs and are permitted to legitimately foster them to adopt out of province. So yes, there are many ways Ivy can help directly with pit bulls and pit bull rescue in Ontario.

I've done some work with Ador-A-Bull and Bullies In Need here in Ottawa, and I know that both associations also need help farther south in Ontario sometimes. I'm unsure about bully rescues closer to you.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 06-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Top Dog

I didn't intend for my question to sound like I thought your were asking something stupid, sorry if it came off like that, I was merely curious given that they are banned in Ontario and I didn't know if you or someone you knew in Ontario wanted to adopt one since that would be impossible.

This is all I could find besides what Allie posted:
Adoptable Pit Bull Terrier: OUT OF PROVINCE!: Petfinder

They don't actually have pits but can probably point you in the right direction.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Top Dog

Pit Bull Rescue Central
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Wookie Collie

Forgot to mention that Ador-A-Bull is actually based out of London, ON, so it may be a bit closer to you - I forget exactly where you are.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
"Pit Bulls" are banned in Ontario. Unless you own one that was grandfathered in, you cannot own one now or you will end up getting an innocent dog killed.

I commend you for wanting to help, but people need to continue fighting that b.s. by writing letters, making phone calls, and continuing to put pressure on the government up there.

I don't think you read my posts correctly. Nowhere did I write that I want to adopt a "Pit Bull". So that whole thing about getting an innocent dog killed is irrelevant.

Secondly, writing a letter, making phone calls, etc is fine but do you honestly think that's going to change things overnight? There are dogs that are still illegaly in the province. So if I want to help a good rescue get them adopted out of the province I think that is much better than letting "innocent dogs" die.