Just when I thought we were home free...

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Baxter hasn't darted out of the door in over a year--more like a year and a half. He really has been good--we trained and worked, etc. and got to a good place..... until today. :rolleyes:

I do think he thought he was going with me---I didn't realize he was right behind me as I was going out the door--or I'd have given his command to go to his "place"--so he took advantage of me and bolted out the door. Now once his nose hits the ground....it's so long! He was off like a shot, and ran into the woods. My husband went after him--and said he gave him a good chase..not that Baxter was running away from him, but that Baxter was tracking something. When he stopped at a tree to sniff, he was able to leash him.

Guess I need to get Baxter out for more sniff time--he must have needed it. And back to door training.....I guess he taught me today!

Every once in awhile Tallulah still does that.

The only thing for it is to go get in the truck and start out of the driveway. She's generally at the door before I get it moved a few feet, lol. I have to watch carefully, though! And then take her for a ride around the block so that coming back to the truck is always a reward.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
HA I think they think they need to keep us on our toes and that they are one... step ahead of us.

Its rather frustrating isnt it. Teagan gets so good at "wait" for like when she is in the car and wanting outside and then she will just forget that there are rules, and that rules must be followed. Silly Monsters.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
we could do that with Trav when she was younger and would dart out--she loved a good car ride. Baxter is alllll about the nose....I know he would make a great hunting dog.

Members online