Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
My dogs know their commands, I think. The only one we have trouble with is "heel"... but that's because I suck at teaching a proper heel position. It seems basic enough, but for some reason I just can't seem to accomplish it, lol. Loose-leash walking at my side, sure... formal heeling, not so much.
LOL formal heel and stay are two that Dekka offers. Its so strange as most dogs offer sits and things. It goes to show what I focused on early in her training.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
LOL formal heel and stay are two that Dekka offers. Its so strange as most dogs offer sits and things. It goes to show what I focused on early in her training.
And then Summer offers play dead....
Old 06-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
And then Summer offers play dead....
Mu does that too. First she'll stare REALLY hard, then lay down and then fall over on her side and stare really hard some more. Lol. Somewhere along the line we got sit and down confused so half the time I say sit and she downs.....hence why we are going to obedience classes lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 06-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie thinks "roll over" is the mostest fun trick in the world so he likes to offer me that one. Frantically, too. *facepalm* "Roll over! No? No? HOW 'BOUT NOW?? ROLL OVER! WHEEEE ROLL OVER ROLL OVER ROLL OVER!"

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Tyr's default behavior is a spin... yep, I'm still regretting teaching that one.

Nyx doesn't have a default, she figures if you don't like what she offers, she'll go find her own rewards.

Ares has been known to offer multiple behaviors simultaneously ~ it's actually pretty funny watching him shake, sneeze, wave and speak all at the same time.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgipower View Post

Ares has been known to offer multiple behaviors simultaneously ~ it's actually pretty funny watching him shake, sneeze, wave and speak all at the same time.
haha, thats awesome...

Oakley's default is sit...unless he is uber-excited (like there is a ball...or food...it doesn't take much)...the he backs up, bows & barks...and keeps repeating. If I tell him to come, he runs up to me, then immediately backs up & bows. I'm like "dammit, dog, I want you to come to me!!" Obviously thats what I get for teaching him to back up (to get him to stop jumping up on me when he wants something)...

Thanks Jessie!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Tyr's default behavior is a spin... yep, I'm still regretting teaching that one.

Nyx doesn't have a default, she figures if you don't like what she offers, she'll go find her own rewards.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Auggie thinks "roll over" is the mostest fun trick in the world so he likes to offer me that one. Frantically, too. *facepalm* "Roll over! No? No? HOW 'BOUT NOW?? ROLL OVER! WHEEEE ROLL OVER ROLL OVER ROLL OVER!"
That sounds EXACTLY like Ozzy. Seriously. Exactly like him.

Also, you will all be happy to know Enzo sits at the door on the FIRST command now.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:

Mia's default is spin and sit. It's quite funny. Spin spin spin spin spin butt on the ground. If that doesn't work then you repeat it. If that doesn't work then scream at your owner that they are incompetent.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie will try a sit too, depending on how wired he is at the moment. He'll do the "I'm sitting! Look! I'm sitting! Is this what you want? No? *gets up, sits again* Hey look I'm sitting! I'm siiiiittiiiiiing!" One time I spent like fifteen minutes with him trying to shape a new behaviour and all he did the entire time was sit and stare at me, stand up, sit back down, scoot his butt back in a sit, stare at me some more... finally I gave up. And then the next time we tried it he was like "OMG OMG wait wait I know this one. ROLL OVER??" *bash head on desk*

Yesterday I was working on crawl with him and he kept rolling over. He tried to roll over once but I was standing next to him, so he rolled over right into my leg and was so surprised, he flopped back over onto his side and lay there like "WTF?!?" He looked very offended.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog