Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Top Dog

IMO the girls are more consistant in the amount of effort they put forward. males are more likely to have extremes in running hot & cold.
still w/ that, the more dangerous the job the less comfortable i feel working girls at the job.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Well, I had my heart boy in Ben. I have NEVER owned a dog with such drive. He worked like a fire cracker and was downright insane in the agility ring. He had focus, determination and a mad will to please.

Then came Travis. My Lah Lah boy. Nothing motivates him, he is pee obsessed and just doesn't learn. I have tried! His nickname is not Malibu Barbie for nothing. I have a feeling he is thick to be honest. I adore him completely, but the brains of the operation he is not.

Riley learned fetch, retrieve and drop in about 15 minutes this morning and you can already see that the ball is now her life. So it depends on the individual I think. That being said, I am a boy dog person. I love my two girls, but my heart lies with my boys.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm All Ears

I don't think Nard is stupid but I just have to wonder what exactly is going on in his head. He's much less expressive about things so he kind of comes off as just not caring at all. I just don't know what he's thinking ever.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Just try me..

haven't read the whole thread. But in my experience boys are more forgiving, easier going about training issues. But are also more likely to get distracted by other dogs and people. They tend to be more outgoing when 'working'.

Girls tend to have more 'tude about the training, but seem to be less silly and more focused on the task at hand.

Of course this is a broad statement, but as a trend its been born out with my dogs, friend's dogs and clients.

As to whats best.. it all depends on what YOU enjoy working with. I prefer girls over all. I will put up with a lot of 'tude but not lack of focus.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I don't think Nard is stupid but I just have to wonder what exactly is going on in his head. He's much less expressive about things so he kind of comes off as just not caring at all. I just don't know what he's thinking ever.
I went through a phase of telling myself that Travis was just not motivated, nah, he is stupid.

You can tell if a dog is not bright if you know your dogs, personally, I wouldn't think Nard was stupid either, not from what you have told me about him.

Travis is not stupid for a dog, he is just stupid for a Papillon if that makes sense. He is my Whoa Dude dog. LOL!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm All Ears

Oh yes, Trey was a pretty thick dog. Okay, he was really thick.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Oh yes, Trey was a pretty thick dog. Okay, he was really thick.
LOL! It is so horrible to admit it, isn't it?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
haven't read the whole thread. But in my experience boys are more forgiving, easier going about training issues. But are also more likely to get distracted by other dogs and people. They tend to be more outgoing when 'working'.

Girls tend to have more 'tude about the training, but seem to be less silly and more focused on the task at hand.
I've had the opposite with mine. My boys are completely focused the work. My girls...well, they're multitasking.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM
petperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Travis is not stupid for a dog, he is just stupid for a Papillon if that makes sense. He is my Whoa Dude dog. LOL!
He is not stupid. You are simply not meeting his needs. Buy him a surfboard and head for the beach. Or the wave pool. Gnarly, dude.

Oh, and keep him away from the weed. Catnip shouldn't do much for dogs, but paps have a lot of cat-like ways, so who knows?
Old 06-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Big Dog

I have one of each. Same breed. Same lines.
Both have the drive and willingness to work but my female has way more drive, speed, focus, and attitude. She's a witch but she's always on the ball. My male tends to need a little bit more direction/training with new things.