Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
Everyone is entitled to there opinions and I have nothing against you just because I disagree. That is what makes this world interesting, would be very boring if everyone agreed and if everyone had the same thoughts. Just because we disagree does not mean we are fighting or anything, I still consider you a good friend Melissa.
Exactly! I still consider you to be a friend too, of course.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:11 PM
bambina

Melissa who says your dog has to be show quality to breed that it nonsence i bet any one could find something wrong with any of your dogs long nose misaligned teeth poor posture bad ect ect. does this mean your dog should of never been born? you may not think you guys are bashing but the way you guys are wording it ppal can misinterpret things, i personaly think you guys are not being nice and are making this forum look bad and discouraging new comers like me. you guys could of easily just said this

"Candy722 you should test the pups and the parents if you already didn't", and for Fran27 you should of responded like this

"For ppal that are intereseted in buying a new dog please consider looking into your local rescue/shelter centers before making a decision"

Help her, not discourage her but rather giving her info and tips and she should be doing right now or next time around, your not helping her or the pups by telling her she is bad person for breeding. i believe i only saw one person actually helping her find the pups a good home.

let me ask all of you , how many of you guys are helping her find homes for the pups?, are you guys saying that because she breed a nontested none show quality dog that the pups dont deserve a good home? i know that she should of had owners in advanced but she is here for help and if we cant help we should not respond.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:13 PM
It wasn't me

bambina, I find extremely odd that of all the places to post your first messages to this forum they end up here. hmm.....

John's website, http://www.colorcrayon.com

change is the only constant in work and life
Old 09-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Top Dog

bambina... it's not just the fact that her dog is not show quality. He was also not health tested and doesn't even have any papers. And it's not about the dog being perfect. It's more about IMPROVING the breed. Do you see the difference there?

I did not personally say she was a "bad person" and I don't think anyone else said that either. But I do think she bred irresponsibly.

And obviously no one said that the pups don't deserve good homes. I think you are missing the point here. No one dislikes the pups. What people dislike is back yard breeding. Again, there is a difference.

That being said, I am more than happy to agree to disagree with you on this matter.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambina
i bet any one could find something wrong with any of your dogs long nose misaligned teeth poor posture bad ect ect.
Quite true. Which is why we are *not* breeding our dogs. It's the dogs that do have the perfect teeth/posture/coat/facial features that are the ones who should be deliberatly bred.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer*Mom
bambina, I find extremely odd that of all the places to post your first messages to this forum they end up here. hmm.....

Just a wild guess but could bambina be Candy's friend, the owner of the female? I do not care either way, I stick by all of my posts!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambina
Melissa who says your dog has to be show quality to breed that it nonsence i bet any one could find something wrong with any of your dogs long nose misaligned teeth poor posture bad ect ect. does this mean your dog should of never been born? you may not think you guys are bashing but the way you guys are wording it ppal can misinterpret things, i personaly think you guys are not being nice and are making this forum look bad and discouraging new comers like me. you guys could of easily just said this

"Candy722 you should test the pups and the parents if you already didn't", and for Fran27 you should of responded like this

"For ppal that are intereseted in buying a new dog please consider looking into your local rescue/shelter centers before making a decision"

Help her, not discourage her but rather giving her info and tips and she should be doing right now or next time around, your not helping her or the pups by telling her she is bad person for breeding. i believe i only saw one person actually helping her find the pups a good home.

let me ask all of you , how many of you guys are helping her find homes for the pups?, are you guys saying that because she breed a nontested none show quality dog that the pups dont deserve a good home? i know that she should of had owners in advanced but she is here for help and if we cant help we should not respond.

My dogs are not perfect, and that's why I will NOT breed them. She got given advice it seems, and the forums are FULL of good advice concerning breeding. She never listened to them.

Do the pups deserve a good home? All dogs do, whether they were born in a puppy mill or a backyard breeder. Would I recommend a friend to buy one? NO. Because it's encouraging irresponsible breeders, and you never know what kind of problems those dogs may end up with.

About all the comments about how testing a dog is not totally accurate, I totally agree, but how is NOT testing your dog better? Obviously, if your dog has a problem, you won't know it if you don't test. That's why you shouldn't breed without testing the parents first. Sure, your pups might still end up having problems, but it's just much less likely if you made sure to only breed dogs that don't have any problem.

Candy, I'm not looking for scapegoats. I never mentionned the money either, just that the pups were bred irresponsibly. I couldn't care less if it was because pups are cute, or you want a pup from your dog, or whatever, those are all selfish reasons to breed. I fail to see too how I manipulated anyone when I just stated the truth (that ANY dog might end up in a shelter, so that adding more that don't already have potential owners is a bad idea) and my opinion about breeding. And yes, there are lots of irresponsible people out there, but justifying your actions by saying there are worst people out there still don't make them responsible. It WAS responsible from you to want to place the pups, but I personally find it natural. But I know, I expect respect, honor and responsibility from people, and unfortunately those qualities are seldom found in them.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

i dont believe in breeding unless all testing and everything is perfect but do the shelter dogs have papers and health tests no they dont no matter how they were born purposely or not they still need a home thats all that matters i think we should put all this madness into stoping puppymills not one person that know what shes doing im done
Old 09-24-2005, 09:48 PM
yuckaduck

My sentiments exactly, good post!
Old 09-24-2005, 10:14 PM
bambina

1st of all i dont know candy722 i just dont belive in the way you guys reacted to her post for help because that could of easly have been me .2nd of all true this is my 1st posting on this forum and after this im not sure what i think of this forum any more.

I came to this forum thinking it would be a good site to learn and meet nice caring and helpful ppl but ther's always a few bad appals in the bunch to ruin the experience.

I still belive in what i said and i know you guys are talking from your heart and i think it is very admirable but you guys arnt respecting her post. good luck candy722 with the pups and dont let them get to you as long as you are breeding properly and for good reasons.