Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-23-2005, 08:31 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy722
exactly that's my point. So many people dying and your focused on dogs. But your right this is a dog forum and at some point I start to feel like this forum was about putting people and judging people. And there you go again putting me down because you think you know everything. You don't know my friend and I trust her expertise since she's adopting a few kids and looked around so I don't think your in any position to tell me that my friend doesn't know anything. Im putting my puppies in good homes and I will guarantee you they won't end up in a shelter.

Good for you!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:54 PM
no touchy

Yes there are lots of kids dying out there - there are many, many people starving in Africa - so why don't we help them? Why don't we donate money so they can eat, build houses, get educated, and get good jobs? If everyone gave a dollar the problem would end.

Adopting a child IS a long process. One of my relatives adopted two girls and I believe it was about a year til' she got her kids. But she couldn't be happier and neither could her daughters.

I do think it was irresponsible of you to breed your dog. Is he show quality? Did you do OFA and CERF testing? Does your dog have any show or sporting titles? What is the main reason you bred for? Does the mother have any show and/or sporting titles? Was testing done on her? Is she show quality?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Quigleyfied

so since the original poster didn't answer my question, i gather the dogs have no health clearances etc. and were used to produce puppies "backyard breeder style"?

i'm in LA and have a friend who is looking for a small breed puppy, but her last dog was a genetic disaster and she doesn't want to take the risk again of getting a poorly bred dog.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Top Dog

Sorry but no she is not a show quality dog but smart. Both parents are very healthy got their examed. I know what im doing and being very responsible even though I don't own the female. I did it because I was going to keep one of the pups and so is she as well. And the good news is that the other two pups has found families. Trust me, Im against breeding dogs with bad health or defects.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:07 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Sorry but no she is not a show quality dog but smart.
Being smart doesn't matter. My shepherd/collie mix is an extremely intelligent animal but she can't be shown. And she hasn't been bred! She was spayed a year ago.

What kind of testing did you do?
Just sleeping.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

Sorry but I want my puppy to have their parents traits. My personal preference.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:11 PM
no touchy

You can't guarantee that the puppies are going to be as intelligent as their mother. Each dog is unique and it depends on each individual dog and how you train the dog.

What testing did you do?
Just sleeping.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

One of my friend totally believe in buying dogs that are AKC registered and health guarantee and just 6 months ago found out that her dog got liver shunt. So All im trying to say is that it doesn't matter if their show quality or if they are registered as long the parents are healthy and pups are healthy is what it matters.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:15 PM
no touchy

Just because a dog has papers doesn't mean they're healthy or intelligent. Someone was able to register two cats as golden retrievers with the AKC

I repeat, what testing did you do?
Just sleeping.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

Candy... didn't you state in another post that after you bought your pup you had to pay $1200 because of health issues ?? What's done, is done....I wish you well with your new pup and your friend with hers. Now please get them all spade or neutered....unless you go with full checks etc.