Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-22-2005, 03:54 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerRiot
is Mack the same dog that ran away and the mother and her kids found him..

If it is, that situation didn't last very long.. why did he turn so fast on them, I thought he was fitting in really well?! Thats too bad. Maybe he has something mentally wrong with him that he just can't help??

No you are thinking of Maverick. Mack is a different dog.

Julie you did everything you possible could for Mack. It is in god's hands now!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
Julie you did everything you possible could for Mack. It is in god's hands now!
Ditto!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
is Mack the same dog that ran away and the mother and her kids found him..

If it is, that situation didn't last very long.. why did he turn so fast on them, I thought he was fitting in really well?! Thats too bad. Maybe he has something mentally wrong with him that he just can't help??
No, Mack was a pitbull/american bulldog mix that we had bought from a "breeder" last april when he was 7 months old. He was fine with us for awhile and then recently in like a months time he bit me twice and caused stitches and so we were gonna have him PTS and then a man who worked with and trained bully breeds said he'd take him and work with him and Mack turned on him and his family as well.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry to hear that... **** BYBs.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

Is there any way you can call the humane society and fill a file against the breeder? I don't think Mack was the only one that turned that way

I'm sorry it has to end this way, but to be honest I don't think you should even try to get him in a shelter, you don't want him to get adopted then bite someone, nor to stay in a cage all his life...
Old 09-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Rusty but Trusty

well they are aware of all his incidents of biting both me and the man. They basically told me that they probably weren't going to adopt him out. I have thought about trying to file a complaint agianst the breeder but the bad thing is I only have the first name of the guy (not his wife), his license plate number, and the kennel name they go under (and who's to say they don't change it every time they sell a pup).

Old 09-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27
Is there any way you can call the humane society and fill a file against the breeder? I don't think Mack was the only one that turned that way

I'm sorry it has to end this way, but to be honest I don't think you should even try to get him in a shelter, you don't want him to get adopted then bite someone, nor to stay in a cage all his life...

i do have to agree with this...

he is out of your hands though, and you did everything you could to help him. And if this guy is so experienced with bully breeds, and he cant help mack, then he just may be so poorly bread that he just cannot be helped without severe risk of him biting someone else...and severely hurting them.

i am so sorry this had to happen

Thanks Jessie!

Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Dog Show Addict

Quote:
No, Mack was a pitbull/american bulldog mix that we had bought from a "breeder" last april when he was 7 months old. He was fine with us for awhile and then recently in like a months time he bit me twice and caused stitches and so we were gonna have him PTS and then a man who worked with and trained bully breeds said he'd take him and work with him and Mack turned on him and his family as well.
OHHHhhh ok.. Phew.. I'm glad it was a different dog, but sad because its a bad situations for the dog.

Its too bad about this, but its more then likely the breeding that was put into this dog. Were the parents like this at all? i'm guessing by the quote around the name its more or less a backyard breeder?? I'd definately file something against them though because thats unacceptable and the way this breeder has put aggression into his breeding program. I assume this due to the fact that there would be no aggrivated aggressive behaviour prior to you owning him.
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 09-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Island dweller

I'm sorry it's come to this Julie. I don't know how you could help him anymore. You've done so much. I do like the idea of going after the breeders if you are so motivated. I'd like to know they won't be breeding anymore.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
OHHHhhh ok.. Phew.. I'm glad it was a different dog, but sad because its a bad situations for the dog.

Its too bad about this, but its more then likely the breeding that was put into this dog. Were the parents like this at all? i'm guessing by the quote around the name its more or less a backyard breeder?? I'd definately file something against them though because thats unacceptable and the way this breeder has put aggression into his breeding program. I assume this due to the fact that there would be no aggrivated aggressive behaviour prior to you owning him.

I don't know if there was an abuse towards him before we recieved him. He has always been hand shy and a little scaredy-cat, but the more time we had him the worse it got. We only met the mother once and she barked from the truck until she got out and then she was fine and friendly with us. I never met the father he moved out of state after the breeding.