Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Top Dog

NO, NO, NO..... Having the same llitter mates has nothing to do with training. If you don't agree with me, than take your pups to a certfied trainer.

Having litter mates can be a good thing. Train each pup seperatley.... maybe 15 minutes each 3 times a day. I don't know your "method" of training, but it's easy if you know how to train a dog. I don't have the space here to tell you step by step how to train your dog, but I would be willing to speak with out via email or phone. I don't know who told you this, but it's not true. Think about it.... it doesn't even make sense. I realize you are prob. fustrated... I have a 2 year old daugter....ready to hang my self. haha

Let's trade for awhile. haha. Let us know...But no, it's not true!
Amy
Old 09-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Top Dog

The problem with two litter mates is for people who just leave the dogs together all day and don't take the time to train them, walk them etc. So I guess that saying it's a bad idea is pretty much the idiot-proof way, as we know that lots of pet owners are not very responsible. For responsible owners I'm sure it would be no problem though.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Active Pup

When you have two mates from the same litter you must gradually start seperating them without them feeling to much anxiety. Do it gradually and make sure you don't seperate them for long periods of time in the begining. With time things should be great.
Free 30 Minute Audio Reveals Shocking Little-Known Facts From a Master Dog Trainer That Will Teach You Step By Step How To Make Sure Your New Puppy Feels Happy, Healthy and Loved While Preparing Him For Good Behaviors And A Solid Foundation For Training

Go Here For Your Free Copy Of This 30 Minute Audio Here:
http://www.dogtrainingsecrets.org
Old 09-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
why don't you check ou Oprah's website..she has three THREE pups that are glorious and beautiful..had them on her show yesterday with her trainer. Might be some good advice there..i have raised siblings without problems. It does take extra work and making sure each gets one on one time with you..it is my belief a dog understands and responds to anything that is "fair" so i have always followed that line of thought..taking turns and sharing my effections equally. NEver had a bond problem not with mary and her sister..or at the kennels with the dogs i worked with. It is all in how you approach and train. Helps if you are more then one person too.

I saw that Oprah episode. My husband got scared that I would end up like that when we go pick up our new puppy next weekend. My friend and her sister got two female black lab puppies from the same litter when they were younger and they each took care of their own, trained there own and fed their own and the dogs had no problems bonding with all the other family and friends that stopped by. I think it has to do with the time and effort that you put into bonding and training your pups though.

Old 09-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Snow Girl

It really depends on how you raise them. Our two farm dogs at the ranch are sisters and they're bonded very closely. As puppies they were pretty much oblivious to humans and only focused on eachother. Now all they care about are humans LOL However, if one can't find the other she goes ballistic until she spots her sister because we failed in working on the seperation anxiety between each other.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"