Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Top Dog

That would be great if you can find the vet records. If not, can you call the vet to get a copy? Then the health certificate visit won't be a big deal at all and I'd hate to get him shots he doesn't need.

I'm still not sure how to fill out an application for transport through Operation Roger. He'll be with Romy to be picked up but where do I ask them to bring him? All the way here? This is confusing for me. I'm sorry. We'll need to get together on a chat program or something and figure these things out for filling it out...names, addresses, phone numbers, dates, etc.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Bloody but Unbowed

The operation Roger people are very dedicated. Yes, tell them where you want him taken, and they will work with you to get him as close as possible.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

Romy, I thank you so much for helping and I hate to ask another thing of you but if you use your own crate and I send it back, I'd still have to buy him a crate for here anyway, so would it possible for me to pay pal you the money to buy him a crate I could keep or maybe I could order one to be sent to you or something like that?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
<--------Orson

Where are we on the transporting end? FINALLY! A transport that might actually go through N. Indiana, LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Top Dog

These are the things Operation Roger requires to transport a pet

Each pet, whether from an individual or from a shelter/rescuer, must have a current SHOT RECORD and a current HEALTH CERTIFICATE (satisfying the laws of the importing state) from a veterinarian in order to transport across state lines. This also applies to transports from or between individuals, animal rescue/releasing agencies, or animal shelters as defined by USDA requirements. You must also read and comply with the USDA importing requirements (very important) of the state into which this pet is being transported (final destination). The Rabies tag must be attached to the collar of the pet before it is delivered to the driver. The SHOT RECORD and HEALTH CERTIFICATE are NOT the same thing.

PLEASE make sure your pet is ready for travel...that is, groomed...clean! A recent bath preferably! Our driver's have the right to not take the pet if they determine it is unfit/too dirty, flea or tick infested, etc, to be in their truck. If you would not put this pet in your bed, you should not expect our drivers to put it in their working/eating/sleeping quarters.

1. Minimum 10 days of food they are accustomed to eating. This will help prevent digestive problems. Water would also be appreciated.
2. If a puppy, or a nervous type of pet, please provide at least 2 packages of 32 of age related puppy pads. Driver experience has shown a brand called "Out" is excellent. A couple sources for this brand is Wal-Mart or Tractor Supply.
3. Small dogs and all cats need a harness as they have a tendency to slip out of a collar. If either a collar or harness is too large, inadequate, defective, etc. and the pet escapes, Operation Roger... Truckers Pet Transport, our volunteer drivers or staff will NOT be held responsible for its loss.
4. All larger dogs need a collar or size-appropriate harness. A leash made into a collar is not acceptable or advised.
5. All cats/kittens must travel with litter. We prefer the pine type of litter, not the gravel. However, check to see what the driver prefers. A litter pan of sufficient size must be provided the driver.
6. A size related crate is to be made available for all pets under 30 pounds. Any destruction to the driver's truck or personal items because a crate was not provided will be your responsibility to make restitution to our driver.
7. Weight appropriate leashes must be provided for dogs in particular.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Blow. Me. Away.

Thanks SO much for the help everybody! Okay when should we contact Operation Roger? Should I email them about the situation or has that already been done? I will ask Bobby today for his vet records and the name of his vet and I will pay a visit there as well. I think I am familiar with vet certificates because I have always needed to get one for 4-H. I have a small crate I can put him in, but it***8217;s cat size so if you have a bigger one you could bring to pick him up in, Lorraine, that would be better . I will run with him before giving him to you so he doesn***8217;t bark in the car.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmexyPibble View Post
Thanks SO much for the help everybody! Okay when should we contact Operation Roger? Should I email them about the situation or has that already been done? I will ask Bobby today for his vet records and the name of his vet and I will pay a visit there as well. I think I am familiar with vet certificates because I have always needed to get one for 4-H. I have a small crate I can put him in, but itís cat size so if you have a bigger one you could bring to pick him up in, Lorraine, that would be better . I will run with him before giving him to you so he doesnít bark in the car.
There's an application that needs to be filled out to request transport. I will do that after I know more details about what to put on it--like Romy's information.
Does he have the rabies tag on?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Blow. Me. Away.

Okay awesome. I just registered and took a look at the form, too. I***8217;ll get the name of his vet today and all of that information. If you need any of my information just let me know. Yes, I believe he does have his rabies tag on***8230; I will check today.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Good luck to everyone involved!

I'm too far south to help (unless you want to take a detour to Florida), but I will send lots of (((((GOOD VIBES))))) Leo's way to get to NY!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Blow. Me. Away.

Thanks everyone! Oh and Lorraine and Pam ***8211; he is terrified of men at first. Just have your husband sit down with some treats and Leo will be fine. But he will bark and run away at first.