Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Big Dog

I think we've decided to keep our eyes on the local shelters, and see if an American Standard or a Portuegese Water Dog show up. Then check them out. Time will tell, and pics shall be posted for sure. I'm so excited - my last dog (an accidental cross between a Norweigen Elkhound and a Scottish terrier) died three years ago and it's been wierd to be dogless, and the BF has been dogless for a few years as well, . I was driving today and just kept thinking how nice it would be to have a dog in the car with me. Random, but still.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Top Dog

Good girl and good luck !!!
Old 09-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Taco Dog

If no luck with the Poodles, Giant Schnauzer is a great consideration. Beautiful. Tough. Protective. Loving. VERY Smart. Playful.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 09-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

What ever they were it was a lost litter as far as I went! He had contacted me with his female's first heat and I told him to wait until the dog was over 2 with all her clearance, papers etc approved by me. This he did. So with all this and my stud fee he was a real loser .....
Old 09-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Top Dog

Maybe you could contact a rescue?
Old 09-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yentna
I'm not going to buy from a backyard breeder, gosh. The advice has been good, we'll take it. In fact, the funny thing is that when I sent my BF to this thread, he emailed me "um...I'd like a standard poodle, I thought you didn't like them." Ironic, so maybe we'll get a standard now! Miscommunication of a funny sort. Plus your advice is helping push that way.....
YEAH! Standards are awesome! I'm getting mine in like two weeks and I CAN'T wait. My husband's getting excited too, and he's the one that was too "manly" to have a poodle to begin with. I think your boyfriend will be pleasantly surprised with a poodle they are really awesome.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Big Dog

No poodles at any of the shelters and rescues in Utah, well, no Standards. Lots of toys and miniatures, but they'd get lost in the snow here! We'll keep looking for sure. Did find a puppy goldendoodle, in foster due to health problems. How much of a hassle is a dog with diabetes? Just curious, I think we'll still probably go with a standard (thorougly researching any breeder unless we adopt from a shelter), but he is really cute! (Bleeding heart I am sometimes.) http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=
Old 09-22-2005, 01:44 PM
GSDGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
YEAH! Standards are awesome! I'm getting mine in like two weeks and I CAN'T wait. My husband's getting excited too, and he's the one that was too "manly" to have a poodle to begin with. I think your boyfriend will be pleasantly surprised with a poodle they are really awesome.
I bet you are getting excited.We want lots of pics ok.Have you decided on a name for her yet.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Active Pup

Have you thought of a giant schnauzer they are great dogs very energetic and versatile they don't moult and are recomended as hypoallergenic.Ithink one of these would fit your bill nicely. They are used as police dogs in Germany.Also Russian Blacks are good too.
Sue
Old 09-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Sheperd Gurl
I bet you are getting excited.We want lots of pics ok.Have you decided on a name for her yet.
I will have SO many pictures to post by the time we get back from picking her up so don't worry (I'll probably bore you guys out). No name for her yet, it's a toss up between Onyx and Lexie though.