Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 05-23-2010, 12:35 PM
feel the magic

oh god, I am soooo sorry!
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
Rogue is beautiful, and was always one of my faves out of your ferret gang.

I know he'll be missed.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM
petperson

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, Jess. Rogue is beautiful, and it's obvious you love him.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Top Dog

(((HUGS))) Jess.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Thanks again, guys I love him so so much, he has definitely wormed his way into my heart, and it hurts me so much to see him like this. This week will be long.. but he will be so spoiled, and I am sure we will leave for our walk to the vet an hour early so he can play in his favourite field on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
I'm so sorry Jess

I'm glad you are able to help put him to rest, and hope you take some comfort in knowing you did everything you could. Enjoy your last few days with him and spoil him rotten. As for Renegade, make sure you spend a lot of extra time with him and watch him close for depression (make sure he continues to eat and drink enough). Some suggest letting the other half of a bonded pair sniff their friend after they have passed so they will understand that they won't be coming back. I asked my vet about this and he says it makes no difference, but that's up to you to decide. Munky (RIP) and Pipsqueak were very close. They had been together practically their whole lives (6 years) and always slept together. I had to say goodbye to Munky in March and Pips was not at the vet with us. I chose not to bring the body home and Pips actually did fine. He hasn't buddied up with the others at all, but he doesn't seem to be having any trouble coping.

On a side note have you checked into other exotic vets in your area? I don't know if I'm just spoiled by my vet but I find it a little odd that they can't squeeze you in if he's suffering and needs to be put down. I get them not extending credit to you if you haven't been going there a while, but at my vet I can walk in without an appointment and they'll get me in (probably because they know I'll sit there all day). I have been going there 3 years now though, so that may be why they are so good to me.
Thanks Renegade *did* take to Rascal right away, and they are like the best of buddies, and are always cuddling, so I think/hope he will be fine. I mean, Ren does not even really pay attention to Rogue all that much... until Rogue is gone for the day or separated from them. I will also hopefully be getting a single from the rescue, since Rascal is getting up there in age as well and Ren would NOT do as a single ferret. Plus, 3 is a good number

As for the vet, my vet only works there part time, and is not there Tuesday and Thursdays. The money is being sent over tomorrow, so that leave Wednesday and Friday for her. I am being rather stubborn and want HER to do it, because she knows and loves him, and has done so much for him and he trusts her. As for right now, lots of puffers and he is not in pain... and can get comfortable.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Top Dog

(((Hugs)) to you and Rogue as you make this journey together.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
<----Thanks Allie

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

((((hugs))))

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
As for the vet, my vet only works there part time, and is not there Tuesday and Thursdays. The money is being sent over tomorrow, so that leave Wednesday and Friday for her. I am being rather stubborn and want HER to do it, because she knows and loves him, and has done so much for him and he trusts her. As for right now, lots of puffers and he is not in pain... and can get comfortable.
I can completely understand that. I've been lucky that my vet of choice has been in both times I had to bring a pet down without an appointment and had it result in sending them to the bridge. As long as you can keep him comfortable there is definitely no harm in waiting a few more days
Old 05-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Felurian

Jess, I have an idea how difficult this is for you. I think most of us have been in your shoes. ((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) You know we're with you.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Okay, I just made the call. Apparently the vet is not in on Fridays as I had previously thought, and she has no appointments available this week, so he will be going in on Monday at 10:30am.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13