Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Idiots? We're talking about husbands now? My idiot doesn't understand the signs that I use to get Hannah to sit, lay down, or stay, so he just thinks telling her will work (which it doesn't) then he gets mad because she won't listen to him. Then I'll come up tell her to sit and give her the hand signal and she'll sit perfectly. I have tried showing him atleast once a day and it just doesn't sink into his head. Oh well, he's my loveable idiot so I guess it's ok.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
Idiots? We're talking about husbands now? My idiot doesn't understand the signs that I use to get Hannah to sit, lay down, or stay, so he just thinks telling her will work (which it doesn't) then he gets mad because she won't listen to him. Then I'll come up tell her to sit and give her the hand signal and she'll sit perfectly. I have tried showing him atleast once a day and it just doesn't sink into his head. Oh well, he's my loveable idiot so I guess it's ok.

My idiot is like that too. He gives the wrong hand signals and Yukon does it and then he tells me the dog is stupid. Um no he did exactly what you asked idiot. But I love him and he tries hard.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Top Dog

Well, that's really nice that you love these nice men you have. You're very lucky. My post is about a creep who abused his dog and that upset me a lot. I feel helpless to do anything because the SPCA wouldn't consider that abuse probably. But in my mind, something like that is cruel and sadistic and I wish to he!! I could do something. Poor little thing.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:52 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
Well, that's really nice that you love these nice men you have. You're very lucky. My post is about a creep who abused his dog and that upset me a lot. I feel helpless to do anything because the SPCA wouldn't consider that abuse probably. But in my mind, something like that is cruel and sadistic and I wish to he!! I could do something. Poor little thing.

Do the best you can within the parameters of the law. I wish there was something else you could do but if the dog has food, water and shelter, then probably unless you see him beating the heck out of the dog there is nothing that you can do. Rubbing the dogs nose in it's poop really is not considered abuse. I know many people who house train their dogs that way and somehow the dogs learn to not mess in the house. I use the crate. Mess in the house in the crate you go until your time to go out. There are many many ways to house train some right some wrong but you will never change some people. My parents are old school and they rub the dogs nose in it. Their dog is house trained and he loves them so it is not the end of the world.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:53 PM
GSDGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
There is something you can do.Offer to help him learn how to treat his dogs.That poor min Pin being thrown into a garbage can.I hope you can convince him that is not the way to treat dogs.I am sorry for Hijacking the thread on you.Please dont be mad ok.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Twin 2.0

Hey, at least you have the sense to get out while you can and before he starts really turn on you!

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 09-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

wow, I might grow up to be somebody's idiot... how fun
Old 09-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Are you dead yet?

OMG, you spent six months with this idiot?
If a guy refuses to treat his dogs as well as he would treat himself or his kids, I think it's a big "stay away" sign. And locking a dog in a garbage can? What in the world is that supposed to accomplish?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

lol, I just read the first post... maybe I won't be somebody's idiot
Old 09-21-2005, 05:15 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

thank you for adding your last post Richie cause i was gonna say..you don't grow up to be one, your born one. and son if there is one thing you are absolutely not going to be when you grow up..it is an idiot. you have shown more compassion, intelligence and sencerity then most of the men i have met up to now. If you were my son i would very very very proud of you. Now all these gurls gonna be checking you out

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,