Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-21-2005, 10:39 AM
GSDGurl

Is he older.Older guys tend to have that type of thinking when it comes to dogs.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

Yes, he's 59 and I'm 51. My ex hubby, though would never treat a dog like that and he's 56. He also would listen to me because he acknowledges when he isn't too familiar with something. He's secure enough in what he does know about to be able to take advice with something he doesn't know about. We had our problems....another story, but as far as animals are concerned, he's good. It's the difference between ignorance and intelligence. You wouldn't believe what has crossed my mind where this little min pin is concerned. (shhhhh) LOL. I won't for now, but boy, has it crossed my mind. "Here hubby, I owe ya one." He was talking about getting a dog in the near future. LOL.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:04 AM
GSDGurl

I would take her too lol.I love GSDs but Min Pins are great too.Some stubborn set in their ways older guys are like that.Norms dad for example believes Dogs should never live in a house.I explained to him that this is my house and my dogs live in it not outside.He is very stubborn,thats where Norm gets it from lol.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:16 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i have yet to actually see a real live min pin that isn't round ..it's awful. goes with the fat wiemers..pointers aren't made to carry that weight either. it tears up their joints.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 09-21-2005, 12:29 PM
German Shepherds Rock

Ladies , with all due respect ... this forum is for discussing dog issues not the "idiots" you have at home .... just kidding before you guys let your dogs loose on me

No , seriously, the biggest problem I can see is that someone, man or woman, believing
that she / he knows all about evrything and just ignoring advice.

Now that I think of it, are your "idiots" reading your postings about them ... I'd like to see / read their reaction

2 Faithful Shepherds Watch Over Me

Roy & Tia

"The mediocre teacher tells.
The good teacher explains.
The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires."

William Arthur Ward
Old 09-21-2005, 12:35 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulRoy
Ladies , with all due respect ... this forum is for discussing dog issues not the "idiots" you have at home .... just kidding before you guys let your dogs loose on me

No , seriously, the biggest problem I can see is that someone, man or woman, believing
that she / he knows all about evrything and just ignoring advice.

Now that I think of it, are your "idiots" reading your postings about them ... I'd like to see / read their reaction

Mine did and he laughed and said he loved me too! My idiot is a great guy most of the time. He works darn hard to pay the bills and look after his family. I love him very much but just wish he would deal with his dog.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:48 PM
GSDGurl

Norm isnt into this kinda thing.He knows hes a idiot anyway lol.He makes me feel better when I am upset like today.He makes me stop crying.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:54 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

they'd never recognize themselves..even if you put a big arrow and the word YOU on top of it..snork..oh my ..breath..lol

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 09-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I'd like to see / read their reaction
LOL. I wouldn't!

Hey, this is not a generalization about men. Don't fret Joyfulroy. Stay joyful. lol. We see lots of neat guys right here on this forum who are very sweet and interested in their dogs...like you. Even my ex is kind to animals. I'm talking about this one jerk who really doesn't think he's being cruel to that little dog or to his Lab that he beat with a belt one time. He thinks they'll learn something. That sitting in the bottom of a 30 gal. garbage can all night and into the day is sadistic and abusive and it pissssssssssssses me off!!! Grrrrr. Poor little thing looking up and wondering why she is in this dark, dank place and can't see anything. It makes me cry.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:23 PM
yuckaduck

I have IMed with Joyful Roy and he is a super nice guy. I am not bashing men either. I love Marc and I would be so lost without him. I am sure as many idiot men are out there in this world there is probably as many idiot women too. I just have not meant any of them. Just kidding!