Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymomma View Post
lol..

But seriously, I could not see a reason for her last thread to be locked.
I guess Foxywench is allowed to lie about things and we are all supposed to be happy with her answers.

She gets a free pass.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Silence! I ban you!

The only reason for that thread to exist (and now this one) was to try to make trouble.

It is not your job to determine the job of the moderators. If you don't like it, you can PM MeatyTreats.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Default This does NOT sit with me.

I'm usually not one to question moderators. I appreciate everything you guys do, really, and I typically never have a problem- and if I do, it's minor and I do not really care enough to speak up.

However, I do not think it is over the top to question that a moderator has the option to edit a thread that is 3 years old and then simply makes one disappear just because her breeding ethics and ethics are being questioned. As far as I can tell, the thread about her accidental breeding was not a witch hunt. Members of this forum were concerned BECAUSE it was an established member. What is wrong with simply wanting to know the truth? Someone even mentioned in a very polite way to post some proof of the dogs pedigrees- and even mentioned that, of course, she wasn't ordered to, but it would just be nice to regain some trust.

And now that Jessie questions the ability to delete threads just because they make the OP uneasy, who happens to be a mod? I am sorry, but locking her threads without reason and just telling her to pm MeatyTreats is unacceptable. I doubt he has the time or the patience to deal with this- that's what the mods are for. But to deem every mod as untouchable and unquestionable- that is outrageous.

Now please feel free to lock or delete this- but I believe Jessie and me are not the only ones who are upset and it would be nice to discuss this.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I have to agree with Jules on this.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I'm usually not one to question moderators. I appreciate everything you guys do, really, and I typically never have a problem- and if I do, it's minor and I do not really care enough to speak up.

However, I do not think it is over the top to question that a moderator has the option to edit a thread that is 3 years old and then simply makes one disappear just because her breeding ethics and ethics are being questioned. As far as I can tell, the thread about her accidental breeding was not a witch hunt. Members of this forum were concerned BECAUSE it was an established member. What is wrong with simply wanting to know the truth? Someone even mentioned in a very polite way to post some proof of the dogs pedigrees- and even mentioned that, of course, she wasn't ordered to, but it would just be nice to regain some trust.

And now that Jessie questions the ability to delete threads just because they make the OP uneasy, who happens to be a mod? I am sorry, but locking her threads without reason and just telling her to pm MeatyTreats is unacceptable. I doubt he has the time or the patience to deal with this- that's what the mods are for. But to deem every mod as untouchable and unquestionable- that is outrageous.

Now please feel free to lock or delete this- but I believe Jessie and me are not the only ones who are upset and it would be nice to discuss this.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

I agree also, although I didn't get to read the thread when it got out of hand.

I'm not very comfortable with a mod that does this kind of things to be honest (or lies for that matter).
Old 05-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

I'm gonna ditto this. Nothing worse than a mod who feels they're above everyone else.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
facetious.

Agreed. I really enjoy this forum as a resource, I don't want my appreciation for it to decline.
Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Old 05-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I agree and It is horrendous to lock threads all lackadaisyly.
Closed Thread