Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Top Dog

I can say I have lied online before. I wanted my life to seem more interesting then I thought it was, and it kinda gave me a fun thrill. I learned from getting caught, and plan to never do it again, and will never. I forgive this mod who lied, and I hope she comes back even after all this. Maybe clear things up and start fresh. I know when I had started fresh, I felt alot better.

On the topic of mods/admins being able to delete their own threads, or even lock. I don't believe it's fair they can just do that when they want. I've had things I've wanted gone in the past on different forums, and don't have that option which, in all, did kind of make me feel groggy, but I got over it, which I think even those with the option too should do.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Thank God I have nothing to hide ! My opinions may have changed over my years here , but that's from learning more .
Okay, I know this is OT, and I'm not trying to make things worse -- but I've seen you delete a post when you thought the better of it.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Felurian

There's nothing wrong with deleting a post shortly after you've made it. Even members can do it for a limited amount of time, and the mods will be glad to help if the time's past if you PM us and discuss it. I know I've done it for members quite a few times.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Thanks mods for putting the thread back up... I missed the last several pages of posts so was really confused about all of this.
Now that I can read it all for myself, I really don't know what to say. Or what can be said. I'm stunned.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Top Dog

Don't know which one , but I do delete if my input is an echo of the one before or I'm being sucky !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey08 View Post
Okay, I know this is OT, and I'm not trying to make things worse -- but I've seen you delete a post when you thought the better of it.
That's about the equivalent of people posting "never mind" or "nm" after erasing what they originally said after they've thought it over or reread what they said. They used their OWN common sense and thought better of it.

Also, don't be so certain that Grammy deleted her own post, or me, or any mod who's had posts deleted for that matter. We have been known to moderate each other from time to time
Old 05-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

Fair enough
Old 05-17-2010, 06:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

yes there is nothign wrong with editing or deleting a post of your own within the time limit.

What we all seem to have a REAL problem with is going back to a post that is a few years OLD and modifying it to state the "truth" as you want to tell it now.

That is wrong... and then to delete your own thread that has been up for more than a few hours because you didn't want to answer questions.

That is NOT OK and there is a reason we don't all have the power to do that whenever we want. Because it's not right.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

thank you for opening it back up.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Top Dog

And also, I also thank whoever opened the thread back up as I was very curious as to what all was going on in it!
Closed Thread