Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post

Renee, she'd probably love being around filas. She likes having a big dog around to do her dirty work so to speak lol.
ROFLMFAO!!!

Oh, it doesn't work that way with the Filas . . . . . . . . Think more on the lines of Catherine the Great

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Top Dog

I used to house-sit for a very non-stranger friendly (think bite history) dog. The way we made it work:

I never once went to his house when his owners were already gone to start the visit. I would go before they left, and would go walk around the neighborhood myself until they took him out and "ran into me" on the walk. We would walk side by side for a while and they would pass the leash to me eventually. When we got back to their house, they would head inside and get out of there while I continued to walk him. For the first day or so, he went anywhere I went, as it is very likely I wouldn't be able to get back in the house. After 24 hours or so, he'd be settled and be my best buddy (and I certainly never worried about people breaking in!). This was outright aggression though, so I'm not sure it would help with Mia; just a thought.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia's not really aggressive, just very wary but that's some definite ideas. I do definitely plan on hanging around some time to help with the transition.

When she was kept by two different people in the past, once she was there with me for days and was just fine with all the people until I left. She had all five other dogs with her too, but still would not allow any of the people to touch her or anything. That's the big problem is when they need to crate her, etc, she won't go.

It's very frustrating because she's been socialized out the wazoo. She just doesn't seem to like anyone except me. She gets along okay with friends and family after she's met them and if I'm there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
ROFLMFAO!!!

Oh, it doesn't work that way with the Filas . . . . . . . . Think more on the lines of Catherine the Great
Don't underestimate the power of the 6 lb Mia, lol. The filas would probably just teach her more bad things. She would fit right in though. She is the most devious little thing I've ever seen.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 PM
petperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post

Mia the Great? Nah. Just doesn't have that ring to it.