Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Active Pup

Default Obsessive Licking-Please Help

Hi everyone. I have a four and half year old female Rott. She is wonderful except for the fact she is an obsessive licker. If you are petting her, she is licking you . I swear she would lick your skin off if you'd let her. Any suggestions would be great Thank you
Old 10-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Felurian

Sounds like she's got an oral fixation. Try giving her a toy while you pet her. The Orbee Tuff bone might be a good choice. It's got a good feel, kind of squishy and skin like, but I've learned it's actually some kind of inert and indestructible material from another universe (lol). Even my 140 pound Shiva, who could break an anvil with those jaws of hers, hasn't been able to leave so much as a tooth mark in hers.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Bula licks too. And she licks everything, not just people. She will lick the couch, the floor, the bed, Dixie, and of course, people.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

Hmm..I don't know if this is much of an idea..but I guess it might be something for you to consider...maybe..lol
I know certain pet stores sell "bitter apple spray"...I think the name is quite explanatory..I've heard that its like a miracle..dogs hate the taste..maybe you can put some on your hands hehe...and its all natural so you don't have to worry.