Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Top Dog

I'm hoping it's an infection/drainage/SOMETHING and not lymphoma. With it being just the one lymph node and popping up so fast, I think lymphoma is less likely. Maybe he can surgically remove the 3 mast cell tumors and the lymph node along with it, just to be safe?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Original Twin

Oh honey. Call me if you need anything.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Top Dog

Thoughts are with you guys and Ella.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Top Dog

Here's praying that Ella is cancer free. I have all my fingers, toes, and legs crossed, and the boys are crossing theirs, too.
If the worst does happen and it is cancer, try and look on the bright side. My Lilly lived with cancer for a little over 8 years before passing away.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Love my pets

Sending good healing vibes for Ella that she is okay. Hugs for you both.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:17 AM
feel the magic

Aw, thanks, everyone!!!
You guys are the BEST!

Honestly, I think she's going to be ok.
As I said, if it's cancer, this is the fastest first symptom I've ever seen, and probably the fastest first symptom in the history of all cancers to pop up.
I just don't think it's cancer.

But, I guess odder things have taken place in life.
Whatever it is, though, we're going to get her through it and do what we have to.
I'm trying to keep my mind on happy things right now. Life is going on as if this is just something minor that will be resolved easily. I got approved from a reputable rat breeder, and I'm happy about that. My mind's happy place is planning for new rat babies in the future.
If I don't stay happy about that then my mind will "back and forth" about what this COULD BE for the next 2-3 days.
I HAVE TO go on right now as if this will be easily resolved. As if it's just an infection that her antibiotic will clear up.
Or I'll be in a ball, on the floor, crying my eyes out and freaking out inside my head while my mind goes down the doom of "The Cancer Path".
IF it's cancer, and IF they have to remove the lymph node, and they decide it's best to do chemo on her as a precaution as well, then it will be taken care of. My father-in-law said he would be help us get her to and from appointments so that Ben doesn't have to miss work. And that's awesome because Ella's most favorite human in the WORLD is my father-in-law. So that will help her through any possible nasty treatments she might have to endure.
But the fact is that right now we don't have any answers yet. And I CANNOT allow myself to dwell on "What-ifs" or anything like that.
I have to go grocery shopping today and run some errands. I don't want to leave her SIDE and I'm afraid I'll miss the doctor's call.
But life cannot change. No end-of-life treatment of the MzSmackchatter yet!
Things are remaining normal around here with a minor "bump" in the road that WILL BE resolved.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Let it be

Ella is one heck of a tough cookie. She's too spirited to be bested by whatever is causing this. Try not to worry yourself too much Becca. She'll pull through, no matter the out come.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Top Dog

Huge vibes for you....hoping it's nothing too serious!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 AM
<----Thanks Allie

~*~*~*~*~*VIBES*~*~*~*~*~ and ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))) for you.

I'm sure Ella will be fine. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:10 AM
<--------Orson

I refuse to freak out, I too am betting on some sort of reaction to a bite or infection

My daughter (obviously a human) got a tick on her head during a nature walk we took at Potato Creek (aka deer central) We checked everyone before we got back in the car, and even had HATS on, but one still managed to find it's way to her head and latched on. It was there for about 12 hours before it was discovered and removed. The bite from that tick caused the lymph nodes in the back of her neck to swell like crazy.

I'll send ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) for your nerves and peace, and tell Miss Ella she is going to be fine no matter what. Lots of <3 coming her way from Indiana