Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
We are Home.

Default Pet Insurance

Anyone use it?

What company do you go with?

Anyone ever use PetsBest?

I am thinking about getting it for Sci with his sudden Im going to get hurt, have a condition attitude LOL

So any suggestions.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Sport Model Pug

Watch with alot of them... They have "Breed Specific Concerns" that they don't cover...

Like when i was looking into it for Izzie several wouldn't cover eyes, neuro, joint problems, stenotic nares, elongated palate, etc. Pug specific stuff.

Greyhounds might have some not covered stuff that you need to make sure you know about in case... Plus he's a senior dog so there's alot they might not cover if you're just taking it out now..

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
We are Home.

The one that Im looking at has the same coverage for a puppy as a senior. I looked online (they have their policies online) AND called to double check.

Others did what you were talking about or wouldnt cover half what I want covered.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I am busy insuring mine with Petsure. What irritates me is that you have to get add on premiums for routine cover. And routine cover is considered EVERY illness your pet can get. So unless your dog gets hit by a metorite they are not covered. LOL!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Love my pets

This is the insurance my friend has for her dog. She's gotten so much money back from visits, emergency visits, etc. that's it's already paid for the coverage. It's with VPI Pet Insurance. I found out there are several VPI Pet Insurances being offered. This one was the best for reimbursements.

Pet Health Insurance for a Dog or Cat, Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI)
Old 05-11-2010, 01:25 PM
We are Home.

I looked at them Barb but they do whats called a Schedule of Benefits and some of the things I have had to do before I have paid more then they alloted. THe other plans I have looked at go up to 2,000 or more regardless.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Top Dog

I looked into it years ago and decided to take my chances . As of today I'm way ahead paying vet bills .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 05-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Top Dog

I'm in Australia, so probably not much help. I insure with Petplan for accident and illness, but not routine care. In the policy, routine care was defined as your annual checkup, vacc, worming, grooming etc. I haven't had to use it yet *touches wood*, but it's one of those things you hope to never have to use.

But yes, definitely look at the product statement/policy and know exactly what is covered and what is not.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
We are Home.

I went with PetsBest. They are underwritten by Aetna which I have had them before and never had a problem plus they cover Accident, Illness and Injury. They showed me the state policy before hand and basically they were up front about EVERYTHING to me so we shall see. It even covers up to 200 for burial and Cremation, heredity problems, behavior conditions and it even covers pregnancy conditions, along with acupuncture and holistic vets. Up to 80% of every visit besides routine care which i could have added but didnt want to.

And it was only 33 a month and with Sci only getting older it cant hurt to have just in case.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Top Dog

at 33 a month, in less than a year they've covered the burial expense they'll pay.

How many vets accept this insurance?

I find the pet insurance industry to be nothing more than a scam preying on people's emotions rather than their senses. It won't be long till it's driven up the costs of vet care, just like with human insurance and will cover next to nothing.