Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Top Dog

you're very welcome. to be honest, i dont think u will ever go wrong with a rottie
Old 09-20-2005, 07:30 PM
My best friend is furry.

I hate when people are against Rotties because, of what statistics pin against them. I think that a Rottie is not great for a first time owner. They can be stubburn, but once you've got the top dog spot, all the hard work was worth it. I have never been attacked or even growled at by a Rottie, nore has any kids in my family. They are really loveable dogs in the right hands. They can be dominite and aggressive if you aren't very strickt with yourself in taking charge and with the dog, making sure he listens.

I wish you the best of luck, make sure you get a good breeder.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:52 PM
rottiegirl

Thumbs up Rotties are great!

Rotties love very one, if well bred and socialized. They will protect their home and family. They also love children! I would rate their strength at a ten because they are one of the most powerfull dogs ever bred. Why did you want to know their strength any way? They are very active and love to play with other dogs, but they do like to play really rough.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:53 PM
rottiegirl

Exclamation Huge Typo

Oops I meant every one, not very one!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Fila Love

I have had Roxie since she was 6 weeks old. She is now 8.5 years. I have to say she has been an absolute joy to have. She is wonderful with babies and children. She is very protective, it is her nature she is a german rottie. She is very smart, but as a puppy...She is the only puppy I ever had that growled at me when I looked in her face. To this day she does not like you in her face. We socialized her a lot. She has a great judge of character. If she does not like someone then I think something is wrong with that persons character. She minds very well and is strong and healthy. Roxie has different growls and you have to bond with your rottie and know those growls. She is also great with other dogs and puppies. Brutus ....poor Roxie. I could not ask for a better, more loving, well mannerd dog. But you have to bond, they are not a breed to throw out in the backyard. They like being with their family and would give their life for you. It is up to you to socialize them and teach them to obey when they do not like someone.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Twin 2.0

Here's a Rottie site similar to Chazhound, they can all give you a lot more information. http://www.rottweiler.net/

I've got a Rott mix that I adopted about 3 weeks ago and so far the 'Rottie" things that have come through are: protective yet cuddly when she wants to be, stubborn and one hell of a puller on a leash. We've been working on that, and she's getting better, but I'm pretty sure she could pull a wagon with an 8 year old in it, and she's only 40 pounds herself. She's also a clown of the first degree and goes along perfectly with Sawyer.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Fila Love

Dog lover4...remember this. There are two types of rotties. The german(the original) and the american(more watered-down version) The german rottie which I perfer is more protective and you do have to socialize them more and they do not love everybody. However the people they do love they adore. Even certain strangers they will like immediately. The people they do not, if you teach them well, they will mind you and follow your instructions. I have always told Roxie its ok. She knows to chill even if she does not like someone. (She likes women more than men) She went thru my window after a man when she was about one. He was in our backyard and on our deck. I was alone and he had no business being there. I am surprised at the people saying their purebred rotties like everyone. All my friends and family that have had one. their rotties did not like everyone. but were trained to respect and abide by the rules. My husbands grandmother had a male (german)that weighed over 185 lbs. he loved her and no-one could get near her without her ok. He was so big when he died last year they had to get a forklift to bury him in her backyard. He was strong as an ox, and gorgeous. BTW Rotties love to watch tv. mine and hbby's grandmothers both watched and now Brutus(fila puppy) does too. so cute. If you get one and it does growl at you look at it and say, oh stop.....you will then get kisses. Just do not let their size intimidate you. Stay on top,and you will have the most loving and willing to please dog you have ever had. Do not abuse one though. But you do have to be firm when they are puppies. They can be terrors. Roxie was for awhile. They are too smart for their own good when they are young. They will also understand anything you say to them if you take the time to get to know them and talk to them alot.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filarotten
They will also understand anything you say to them if you take the time to get to know them and talk to them alot.
Oh, you are gonna do so well with a Fila

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 PM
rottiegirl

Exclamation 3 types

there is the roman rottie, which is pretty rare. there are 3 types not two.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Puppy Dog

whats better rottweiler or doberman