Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Very Food Agressive

Well I don't have two dogs that are really *mine* But we had 5 ish guest over last night for a pre-graduation party and they all thought Izzy was prettier than Frodo... But it helps that Izzy isn't a lap hog like he is lol. And she wasn't shedding on them. Then again, I'm biased and the guests were drunk

Lacquer Ninja

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

[QUOTE=MPP;1602829]Well, how rude! It's like telling a doting mother that one of her kids is homelier than the other; courteous people might THINK it but would never SAY it!

QUOTE]

Thats how I feel. Maybe im just overly sensitive..............Oh who am I kidding. I AM overly sensitive .
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 05-09-2010, 01:02 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPP View Post
Oh, and Luce doesn't care if Steve is prettier. Pfff. LUCE is beautiful and regal and IMPORTANT. So much better than merely pretty.
luce doesn't care. she's the BOSS.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 05-09-2010, 01:29 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Whenever i take Riley and my friends boxer out together everyone Always fawns over the boxer more then Ry. I think Riley is more beautiful, and Benson is more cute. Rarely anyone is looking at Riley when they smile at the dogs as we walk past. If i have Riley alone i get a Ton of comments on him though. Its just when they are together that everyone picks the boxer.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:15 PM
<--------Orson

I never get that but our dogs are completely different breeds, sizes, colors, and sex, LOL, comparing their looks would be like saying a banana is prettier than an orange

I think Mia and Summer are both very beautiful and I'd be hard pressed to pick WHICH one is prettier. I'd probably have to spend time with them and let their personality be the deciding factor. What it comes down to is preference.......do you like bi colored or tri colored sort of thing. I think it was rude, but they probably didn't even think about it like that.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Sport Model Pug

A guy came in, he was a special needs guy, and that's a key point since i have a pretty bad phobia of mentally handicapped people and Izzie can usually sense that i'm uncomfortable. Anyways, he went on and on about how Izzie is the prettiest Pug ever and she's much prettier than all the other doggies at the store. It was soooooooo cute, and Izzie just soaked it up and pranced around and then cuddled up to him lol.

So yeah... It happens to Izzie all the time.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 05-09-2010, 08:21 PM
orange iguanas.

Given that my dogs look completely different in every way, we don't get comments like that. When I have them out together though people are more attracted to Juno but I think that's just her personality, Lucy is very quiet and backs away from people, and Juno is all "OMG HAI PET ME" so that wins them over, lol. Younger kids tend to gravitate towards Lucy more because she's small and fluffy.

I do get a lot of comments about what a pretty dog Juno is, but it's never in comparison to other dogs, so it's not that she's prettier than anyone else... she's just pretty.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 05-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Top Dog

When I had both Tollers, people would always go on and on about how beautiful Spring was and pay almost no attention to Dance. But that was nice in it's own way, as it's easier when people ignore Dance.

With the Dobes, people always comment on how interesting and handsome Ripley is, and what a unique colour he is. But as much as they think he's the better looking dog out of the two, most prefer Keira for her more gentle and reserved demeanor as well as her size. So they like both for different reasons.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN
Old 05-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

When we had Kota and Happy out together people would often point at one or the other and say "I like that one more." Well good for you! I like them both.

I still remember the day my sister and I went to the dog park with all three dogs. Auggie was in his ugly stage so he looked just short of ridiculous. His long coat was starting to come in but he was still sort of puppy-down-y... long legs everywhere... goofy looking little sheltie puppy. But some man walked up to us while we had all three shelties together, pointed right at my ugly-stage puppy, and said "Now THAT is a beautiful sheltie." I felt mortified for my sister.

But I still think Kota may be the most handsome sheltie ever. Even more so than Auggie's papa. But I might be just a teensy bit biased.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Oh yes. All the time. Lilly is the ugly duckling. Never mind she is the one that is NOT going all phobic because there is a hooman coming near her. Everyone wants a piece of Travis.
Now that Riley is here both the adults get ignored.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/