Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-21-2005, 04:44 AM
Active Pup

Charlie is a chocoalte lab and he is fed Nutro Max Beef Meal & Corn. He turned his nose up to the Lamb Meal & Rice unfortunately.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Top Dog

Nutro actually has 'corn' in one of their food name? Jeeze.

I agree with Renee. I used to feed nutro, and found out that switching to a better food is actually cheaper.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Gempress, don't even give the Nutro a second thought. Premium price doesn't always mean you're getting premium food. If you'll do a search in the Food forum you'll see the breakdown on it in several places. Also, click on Mordy's signature and go to her site; you'll learn what you need to know to be able to make good judgements on food yourself
I already asked. Mordy reccomended the Natural Balance, since that's the best food available in my area.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Felurian

That's too bad, Gempress. I just hate the way Nutro presents their food as something it's not . . . and charges that way too! Maybe one of your pet food stores will upgrade sometime in the near future. The Natural Balance, is, as I know Mordy's told you, the best of what Nutro manufactures.

I'm playing with the idea of figuring out how to set up a food co-op. The Agri-Feed and Pet Supply - our closest Innova distributor, is on the west side of Knoxville. One vet in our town buys it from them, but he's always out of the big bags. Evidently a lot of people with larger dogs are buying the EVO here, so it might be something that would work out.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Are you dead yet?

Ripley (Papillon) and Dakota (BC) both eat Innova EVO, supplemented with raw meats, bones, organs and eggs.. Oh, and the occasional lizard.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

Rene, Natural Balance isn't by Nutro. You might be thinking of Natural Choice. You're right. Nutro isn't the best IMO. Natural Balance is a very fine, premium food made by Dick Van Patten. You can look at the ingredients. Lyric eats that...venison and brown rice formula because he has a problem with a sensative stomach and that one seems to agree with him well. I did feed Canidae, but it has so many ingredients that it seemed to bother Lyric. But I feed that to my Chi's. It's a very good food.

Another good one beside Inova, which is a super food, IMO, is Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul. They have one for pups and seniors too...lots of good, yummy stuff.

These foods are cooked at a lower temp so the nutrients aren't all destroyed and they have good supplimentation, good meat, lots of it, human grade, no corn and no harmful chemicals or anesthesized animals. They are expensive, but less waste, so really they come out about the same. My dogs' coats and teeth are very nice and they're energetic. I think in Natural Balance and even some of the other ones is some Taurine....that's good for the heart, apparently.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Keyozilla

Charlie is a beagle/collie/australian shepard and maybe something else, we don't know what.

He eats Natural Choice Lamb Meal and Rice. We want to switch him to Innova though, as soon as we can find out where we can get it.

Meow.
Between the Rain Drops :: My graphics/personal website
Old 09-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
6 month old german shepherd Yukon
Kirkland Signatures
Chicken & Rice

Adult all lifestages.

No by products no waste, he poops once a day sometimes once every other day. It took about two months to notice a difference from the crap I fed before.

thats what i use too

cept...he poops like twice a day, lol

Thanks Jessie!

Old 09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreeza
thats what i use too

cept...he poops like twice a day, lol

Yeah someone else who feeds KS, we need to start a club now!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Saint Bernard Mix Slave

I have a 8 year old female Saint Bernard/Labrador Retreiver mix named Pixie. And I have just switched her food from nasty Kibbles N Bits to the better quality Innova Large Breed and she loves it.