Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

Default Im At a Loss

I had quite the adventure yesterday.

I went to visit my parents and decided to check my e-mail. There were many e-mails in regards to a little pitbull/mastiff cross pup that needs help to get out of the province since they are now illegal. Since I was close to the general area of the pup, I contacted the rescue and told them that I could go pick him up and then we were planning on getting him vetted as soon as possible because we already found a very good home out of province for the little guy. We were planning on shipping him out of province THIS week.

My understanding was that the guy was going to surrender the puppy.

This guy is not the brightest of the bunch. Want to know what he does with the puppy? Keep in mind that this guy is the "street kid" type of person. He panhandles on the streets and leaves the puppy off leash all the time downtown with out a muzzle. The laws here is that any pitbull or pitbull mix MUST be leashed AND muzzled to avoid the city taking the dog away and destroying it, and that only applies to dogs born before Nov. 2005. This dog is obviously born well after that date. Dogs born after that date are not legal.

So I go there and the guy is MIA with the pup. So I go searching the streets and all the usual spots for these kind of people to no avail. Then I get a call from the room-mate saying he's home now with the pup. I rush over there and I am utterly stunned at what I saw. The place was a filthy pigsty. Garbage everywhere, the dog bowls look like they were never cleaned. Typical drug-infested place. As for the guy with the pup.....my goodness what a sight. Typical druggie street kid...missing teeth, dirty, sketch pad....etc.

We need to get this puppy out of the province before the inevitable happens. But he is not co-operating with us anymore. He changed his mind. Help.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

do you know any local cops? if you have any contacts in LE get them to go w/ you unofficially & confiscate the dog for you
Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Felurian

What Pops said

It's hard, but try to understand that in his own stupid, steeped in denial way, this kid probably does love his puppy He needs a dose of someone shoving the inevitable choice in his face -- surrender or the pup dies.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

Unfortunately I don't know anyone that would jeopardize their career. (normally all seizeures must be documented and the dog must be turned to animal services, they would definately destroy the dog) It's not worth the risk.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
just call me Nilly

That's really tricky... if AC gets a hold of it, the puppy will surely get put down (if they're anything like they are here, and it's the same law so I suppose they are), so there are no "legal" ways to get a hold of this pup. But if he stays with this guy, his life remains at risk.

Anyone up for a puppy napping?

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 04-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar View Post
That's really tricky... if AC gets a hold of it, the puppy will surely get put down (if they're anything like they are here, and it's the same law so I suppose they are), so there are no "legal" ways to get a hold of this pup. But if he stays with this guy, his life remains at risk.

Anyone up for a puppy napping?
I would if I was closer. I have such a trusting face, no one would ever guess I was a dog thief.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Fila Love

I hope you can get him.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Top Dog

We are still working on the situation. We will NOT be giving up on this puppy.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:49 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Good for you for not giving up. Poor puppy. BE CAREFUL. Worries

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I would if I was closer. I have such a trusting face, no one would ever guess I was a dog thief.
And you're pregnant. You could blame it on the mother-hormones kicking in

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian