Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 04-20-2010, 08:45 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
I love how Ultratherm never gets too hot (like Flexwatt can) - and it's s o much more stable. Of course I have my heat regulated with a thermostat, but it's nice to know if my thermo fails, my ultratherm *probably* won't burn my snake before I notice the thermostat is broken.
What is the ideal temp for a BP? I've found that my Ultratherms seem to top out at about 94*F (though I haven't let them REALLY run), which is dangerous heat for corns. They're better off in the mid-80s. Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
AWESOME!! I love it, I love the color coding and organization Looks great! Funny, we keep a spray bottle on top of ours too to keep the cat away. She thinks it's the devil.
Yeah, I'm not expecting that squirt bottle to do a whole lot for long. Ticheli has pretty much figured out that it's only a threat if it's in my hand. I do have a motion-sensing sprayer, though, which I may have to set up there for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Awesome job! Love the setup!

Now peektures of snakies please??
I am working on new pics! I actually took a few Sunday night... not the greatest photos, but hopefully good enough until I can get some decent ones.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Lord Cynical

For BPs, we keep the cool side at around 80-85, hot side is 90-93. African snakes need a bit more heat than indigenous American ones.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
For BPs, we keep the cool side at around 80-85, hot side is 90-93. African snakes need a bit more heat than indigenous American ones.

Ahhhh, that makes sense. I knew they were native to Africa and it made sense to me that they could tolerate warmer temps, but I haven't done any research on BPs beyond that.

The more you know!