Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Top Dog

I bought Brady a Japanese Gazebo for when he is outside during the summer. Hey, he needed some shade. I also buy him a new toy almost every week. He loves the stuffed squeaky ones. But to justify he rips the squeaky thing out and all the stuffing so often i have to keep getting him new ones. did you ever realize how much stuffing they put in those things?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Big Dog

^ I have and it's incredible. Our yorkie get's it stuck all over her face and it's funny, she looks like a mini santa!!!

The only real way i spoil apollo is by taking him everywhere, ad i do mean everywhere, rather than going to a movie theater i pay more and go to a drive in. Don't go to the mall anymore, i do most of my shopping at pet paradise or pet cetera, meaning i never buy anything for myself lol. We've had him since August 23rd and he's never been left home alone. only once for an hour
Old 10-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Show Dog

Blondie's very spoiled, too. When we found termites in his dresser (just some old shelf that was used as his "wardrobe") we threw it away and got him a new, very nice plastic shelf with colorful drawers. His "bedroom" will be decorated soon, with new curtains, a new doghouse that's going to be delivered this weekend, his bed is being repaired (he ripped it off a while ago) and as soon as we get some time, we'll paint the walls to match the new curtains and other wall decorations.

Now that he's been ill, he doesn't sleep in his bedroom anymore, but moved to my parents'. I'd love to allow him in my bed, but I sleep on top of a bunk bed . My parents won't allow him in theirs, but love to keep him company!
Old 10-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Are you dead yet?

Ooooh Ripley is VERY spoiled.

He goes everywhere with me, a friend of the family got me a little gucci tote, she said it would be the perfect thing to use to take Ripley everywhere.. Of course, she is convinced that Ripley is a girl and she got him a pink one, but oh well, he loves it anyway. So he goes into stores with me, the people who work at the mall closeby ALWAYS stop me to peek in my bag, to see if I have the Ripster in there.
Ripley gets catered to. He is a very finicky eater, even with raw meat, so on occasion instead of just tossing the meat outside or in the bathtub, I wear a glove and HOLD the raw meat for him while he gnaws away at it.
I usually wind up sleeping as stiff as a log because Ripley doesn't like me to move around when he's under the covers.

Dakota isn't *too* spoiled. He gets pampered and primped on occasion, but he's the big manly dog.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Felurian

My Bear, the GSD/Akita mix, being another one of those "Big Manly Dogs," liked a little bit of beer every now and then (okayed by the vet - good for the urinary tract), but that's not what made him spoiled. At first, he would happily drink a little Miller or Coors or Michelob, but then one day a serious tactical error got made . . . I gave the Beast a little Corona. After that, he turned his nose up at anything else. What made him really spoiled was that my neighbor, who was crazy about Bear, would always share his Corona with Bear, but offered the Then-But-Now-Very EX-boyfriend (who had that strange personality disorder of not being a dog person) a Miller or Bud.

It was a real hoot to see the four guys, Good Neighbor Guy, Dumb-Ex, Bear and the Neighbor's Apffenpinscher (through a microscope) all sitting on the porch with their suds.

Not only was Bear very spoiled, he deserved every single bit of spoiling he ever got. But don't most of them?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

My mom spends at least $20 a week on toys for her dogs. She will go to Big Lots and just stack up. The dogs have their own toy box. Gracie, she's a blue heeler, will go over to the toy box, get a toy, and when she is done playing with it, she will take it back to the toy box and get a different toy to play with...
Old 10-01-2004, 12:12 PM
3 Big Dogs

Spoiled... you bet. All of our guys have been rescued (and even if they hadn't been...) and so spoiled beyond belief. Yes, we too bought a cottage on a lake for Bently. They get cheese everytime I do and when it is ice cream cone time they all get one. I could not fill this page with all the treats they get including non stop petting. Bently is fighting cancer right now so every day for every meal I cook him up a hot meal with some kind of meat so he will put some weight on. He loves it. Others think we are nuts, but hey, for all they give us... They spoil us by always loving us no matter what we do!! LL
Old 10-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Show Dog

i traded my car in for a bigger car and more station wagon like so that my Codi and Buddy have place to lay down when they ride with me...the boys also get their food mixed with soup every night and we spoil them often with bits from the plates.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Big Dog

I love hearing all these stories about how you all spoil your furrbabies. Next time someone give me hard time I am going to say " if you think I am bad, let me tell you what Chrome did or tAshmore does or Rips Girl will do, but wait, Renee does this....haha. No, really I wont give my actual sorce of who does what but at least I can give some examples. What I do for my much loved Yorkies is nothing in comparrison of what they give me to start with each day.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
the Then-But-Now-Very EX-boyfriend (who had that strange personality disorder of not being a dog person)
Those are the strangest...