Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Big Dog

Default How do you spoil your pet? Would others think you are crazy?

OK, I have to admit there are things I do for my two Yorkies that have cause others to roll their eyes at me.

For one, I heat their food for them - catch flak everytime a neighbor or a friend is over if it is feeding time.

I have never put them in a kennel if leaving out of town, I hire a babysitter to come to my house.

When its bath time, I put them in the shower with me - hey, they are small dogs!

They have two large baskets full of toys.

If I am eating vanilla ice cream, they get a lick too!

What do you do thats over the top?
Old 09-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Alpha Dog

My dogs are spoiled rotten. They go to the beach, to the store, to the park. They each have their own love seat and they get fridos during movietime

Chahzound
Old 09-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Active Pup

I make my dogs chicken and dumplings and beef stew. I give them doggie massages.
And uhm..well not to show how completely thick I am but uh..I just bought riverfront property for my dog who loves to play in water. Boy did eyes roll over that one.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Well, lets see. My dogs sleep with me everynight. I live by myself, so me, Bula and Dixie all sleep in the bed together. they absolutely have to be under the covers to sleep. Bula has to lay like a person in the bed. She will lay right beside me with her head on the pillow and the rest of her body under the covers. Dixie curls up in a ball between my legs...They both like to cuddle. They both have stockings for Christmas. They always get presents too.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Felurian

Okay, I dare anyone to top Chrome - buying riverfront property for the dog! (ROFL) I don't know if I can claim to spoil mine after that - mine even work!
Old 09-30-2004, 01:25 PM

Well...all the usual considerations. The one thing I don't tell my mother-in-law is that they both come up on the bed to watch t.v. with us. I have an old blanket I throw on and all 4 of us boogle in for the night. Now...I know none of you think that is so strange........but she would probably faint. lol I have a neighbor that just recently told me that Hammie is too big to be in the house...........luckily she lives far enough away that I don't have to hear that stupid lecture often. She actually has Addie's sister........and she is just tied out at the dog house all the time. I like to always have American cheese cause the cat really loves it......yep, even the evil cat, Beastlie, still gets spoiled. Wish she knew how lucky she is, maybe then she'd be a tiny bit nicer..if only once in awhile! I believe in doggie massages, too. They love that attention! Could probably go on and on..........but then this would be a novel. lol

Lucky for me..my pups don't seem impressed with water.......riverfront property is wayyyyyyyyyy too expensive around here!

Uh...Chaz....the beach???? Can I be one of your pets??? Uh...WOOF, WOOF. lol
Old 09-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Big Dog

Hey Chrome, I think you top the list! I did buy my dog's a plastic kiddie swimming pool for the summer.

I even buy them Christmas presents and wrap them too. I love watching them open their own presents so much that I let them unwrap most of mine.

I have been known to search around different stores for their favorite doggy bones if the grocery store is out of them.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Felurian

Mine have a kiddie pool, too, but I don't know if it spoils them or me! They get in it and clean off muddy feet before they come inside. Of course, they have fun belly flopping and splashing around, too, and Shiva and Kharma like to put their heads underwater and blow bubbles. Strange puppies!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Alpha Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
Uh...Chaz....the beach???? Can I be one of your pets??? Uh...WOOF, WOOF. lol
Sure, come on down and I will walk you at the beach too. But you have to like flint river and dog biscuits and be a doberman. (I want another one)
Old 09-30-2004, 06:14 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I bought a camper who's layout I choose to fit Maddie's needs, then mine. Then I picked the perfect campground and perminent parked it on a back 'road' where I can get away with keeping her off leash when I'm watching her. Across the pea gravel road is a HUGE field where the owners used to grow soy beans, but now its just weeds. 1/4 of it is mowed by me (witht here permission), that's where I run with Maddie. She loves to go into the weeds that are up to my belly button and higher, though, to flush out the birds.[mostly robins, doves and bluejays, but she seeks out this family of 9 wild turkeys, gets them everytime!] On the other side of the field is a couple acres of woods where we go hiking and she's made a trial that leads to the creek. She LOVES the water. Its officailly been marked as a trail that we take other people on. The joke of the campground is that Maddie and Bruster (a black lab puppy that is Maddie's 'best friend') are taking over.

That's the best I can do to campare to Chrome! Boy, water dog Maddie sure would be jealous!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o