Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 09-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Show Dog

Default Rescue a Sheltie??

Hello!

We have a 6 month old sheltie and simply love her to pieces. (NO this thread is not about how we got tired of her and want to give her up lol) from the very beginning we said we would want two so they could keep eachother company etc. We just want to wait til Penny is about a year old. Our plan was to go back to the breeder then and get another pup from her.

I have been reading so many wonderful things about a lot of people here that rescue'd a dog that I'm really starting to consider this option. If we are going to get another dog why not get one that is in desperate need of a home instead of a pup that will be sold easily enough anyway.

I just dont know how to go about it? I looked on the internet trying to find Sheltie Rescue's where I live but Cannot seem to find any. I live in Ontario close to Toronto. I have never before adopted a dog from a shelter, is it just a matter of keep checking sites to see if at some point a sheltie will come up? I'm really new at this and would like some advice. Thanks!

Thanks to Keyodie!
Old 09-17-2005, 05:41 AM
Top Dog

Good luck! Its really nice to want to take in a shelter or rescue dog!
Old 09-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Top Dog

Keep us posted
Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Show Dog

my hubby and I went to check out the website of that place, they had some really sweet/cute ones. but we checked out the rules.... Got to have a fenced in yard, and they prefer no kids under ten.... Our yard isn't getting fenced in til next spring and my stepson is six... I'll keep looking into it!

Thanks to Keyodie!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Kelpiefied

Usually if you explain your circumstances and tell them how well you are doing wiht your existing sheltie they will relent, as long as the yard gets fenced. It might help to take some pictures/videos of your step son with your sheltie and write about how good and mature he is with her.