Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Top Dog

Probably depends on the crop, too. In the case of the Doberman, with those long elegant ears, I imagine it takes a certain amount of skill to get the shape bang on.

Now for instance, a short pit bull crop might not be so tricky.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Probably depends on the crop, too. In the case of the Doberman, with those long elegant ears, I imagine it takes a certain amount of skill to get the shape bang on.

Now for instance, a short pit bull crop might not be so tricky.
This is true IMO..........when I think of 'more difficult' crops, I think Danes, Dobes, and boxers. Not only do they need a good cut, they need plenty of after care for MONTHS of taping to get the crop to stand PROPERLY..........not just stand mind you, it has to stand right, LOL

The shorter the crop, the more 'bell' (lower part of the ear that swells out) is there, the easier it is. Depending how short or how much bell, they won't need much care after the stitches are out.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
What do you mean by "Keep up with it"? I'm assuming it's in the energy context? MY Dobe would beat you to the couch...
The energy level and the smarts. A dobe could outsmart me so easily as sad as it is to admit that haha. The one we had when we were children was extremely smart. We live behind a golf course that is blocked with a wired fence only. Whenever a golfer was about to hit the ball, blackie (our dobie) would bark to distract him. It was a fun game for him but the golfers hated him.

Anyways, my brother just told me that he gave the breeder an okay to the surgery a few days ago and that he'll be getting the puppy as soon as he turn 12 weeks...So I'm a little nervous. I doubt he really asked all the questions I gave him. But, still, I cannot wait to the puppy.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Active Pup

Please check out his page as well: K9 Alliance: Cropping, docking and dew claw removal is not cosmetic.