Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM
The Littlest Hound

Well, we got the std. poodle because they're intelligent and wonderful and empathetic, and my mom is allergic to dogs (I wanted a greyhound, at the time ).

Daisy was one of my boyfriend's kenneled hunting dogs, the rest were beagles. I wanted a dog for my apartment in college, but wanted it to have a fallback plan if it didn't work out (I had roommates and it was my first dog that was "mine"). The basset just seemed like it would be easier to transition to being in the house than the beagles who were younger and more prone to wandering. Daisy has been my heart dog ever since.

The Plotts... well... the boyfriend wanted a coonhound, and after researching all 6 breeds, the Plott was just a little *different* from the rest (the only one not related to the English foxhound) and it turned out to be a perfect fit for us.

So no one really inspired me, except maybe the individual dogs

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

We had a "something bully mix" growing up and he was my nanny dog. So I knew I always wanted to have a (at least) "pit bull" or a mix. T-Bone was just love at first sight and I don't think I could ever live without one. They have addicting personalities.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

Nobody, with Meg. I thought Mountain Cur was a made up breed when I first met her. Sometimes perfection just trips in to your life with no inspiration.

Despite a long-standing refusal to ever consider a BC (too traditional) or a small dog (too floofy), I have been fully inspired by the people I train with, some of whom have Cavaliers who completely turned my opinion of toy dogs on its head, and some of whom have border collies who display a whole lot of traits I love. The next dog will fit one of those two categories.