Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
<------RIP Superdog

My families allergies!! I couldnt of fallen into a more perfect breed for me though, so i guess it all worked out in the end.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Aroooooo!

My dad had a beagle growing up that he loved. And my favorite movie ever is Shiloh. So that kinda inspired me to love beagles.

GSD's? Honestly... we were gonna get a chocolate lab, but they were "too expensive" (300 in the paper as opposed to Chances $150) so we went to check out Chance, and then the parvo thing happened, then he ate my couch, and I have had to work with him so much it really got me to know the German Shepherds brain, and I could not be happier. And I dont think I will ever NOT have a GSD

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:52 PM
BusterLove

RD's Eve sparked my interest in BC's. I always appreciated them for what they were but only wanted a kelpie. Now I think a BC would likely suit be better before I get a kelpie.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Border Collies. . .I've wanted one since I can remember. I met my first border collie when I was barely a toddler and the fever stuck. Millie being a mix with the vast majority of BC traits made me want a purebred.

Papillons being another breed I want. . .well, Laur can take the blame for that.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM
swimming upstream

hounds--my first family pet--a beagle named Bulldozer. He had such a love for people--and was such a goof!
Labs--never really liked the labs I knew as a child--grew up to understand that they were just not well trained dogs. A co-worker who has labs. made me want to know more about them--and in doing so I realized what a perfect family dog they can be. Traveler just confirmed that for me. Would love to have another lab when the time is right.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I am going to say my parents and the allergies we have in my family. I always had Westies growing up so I just fell in love with the breed. I dont think I will be ever without a Westie or a terrier.

My future breed the Cane Corso would be because of a guy on another forum that I belong to I just fell in love with the breed. I ended up doing lots of research on the breed and fell inlove more. I cant wait to get my CC <3

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 03-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post
RD's Eve sparked my interest in BC's.
^ this, too.

Talking for hours about everything with Grace really helped me alot. Plus, I figured that Lizzie was probably part Border Collie, so I was interested to learn more about them. Then, the trainer I went to for agility with Lizzie, also happened to be a huge Border Collie person with lots of working dogs. Now I'm stuck forever.

Papillons? Laur. Definitely to blame for that.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

I was raised with the Collies, and they give me everything I want.

For the AHT, Spud's breeder impressed me with sound, intelligent, tough little dogs that I could do things with, without the worry of dog aggression.

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

No one in particular. I was always a "big dog" person and actually thought I disliked small dogs. I realized they were awesome, too, when I worked at the Humane Society. I just hadnt known many before that. When I was looking later, I chose small due to renting and it being easier to find places that allow them. I still want a large dog someday, too, though
Old 03-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Border Collies. . .I've wanted one since I can remember. I met my first border collie when I was barely a toddler and the fever stuck. Millie being a mix with the vast majority of BC traits made me want a purebred.

Papillons being another breed I want. . .well, Laur can take the blame for that.
Too late to edit, so I'll add Summer and Mia especially. <3