Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm All Ears

Default How do your dogs play?

I was watching my crew outside and I realized they just don't play like most breeds. They don't wrestle at all or 'box' at each other like other breeds.

They're all about chase. Nard is always the one who is chased. Summer goes for Nard's legs and Mia goes for Nard's tail. Beau usually is heading the back of the pack (he's not quite as fast). Sometimes Rose joins in but most the time not. Nard starts off the chase by randomly bolting and then the rest join in. He cuts and turns and zig zags around as fast as he can. The girls take turns trying to cut him off and grab him. When they eventually do grab him, he gets brought to the ground and they all start mouthing him. Mia yanks him around by the tail some then he bolts again. And they're all off.

It always looks like fun. It's amusing to me that Nard seems to be the key in the game. Nard plays with all the other dogs but the other dogs don't play with each other unless Nard is playing too. Nard and Summer play, Nard and Beau play, Nard and Mia play, or they all play. Beau never plays with Mia or Summer. Summer and Mia rarely play but throw Nard into the equation and it's constant zooms.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Sport Model Pug

The pugs do a mixture.

1. Pugtona 500 - They do their little stiff leg tapdance and then off they go, round and round and up and down the stairs of the house or just tuck arse and run in every which pattern in the field.

2. Wrestling - Self explanatory, usually played on the beds and pillows go flying.

3. Boxing/Scary dog - Izzie rears up on her hind legs and walks around flailing her front paws, usually with puppies she does this.

4. Mouth fights - These are hilarious. The pugs basically try to bite each other so they just sit there with their mouths open trying to get a shot in going "rawraawrrarwargrawar".

I really should film these sometime.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Salty Sea Dog

indoors the nekkid ones are all about the wrestling...
outdoors however its all about the running! they seem to take turns being the chsed and chasee, and just bolt around the garden trying to take eachother out...

its like watching cheetas chase their prey because whoevers doign the chasing will try and cut the otherone off pouncing on the back and dragging them down...
it makes for some quite spectacular whipeouts lol.
jasper and ruby also both know their strenghts, jasper is smaller and has a smaller turning radius so he tends to make quick turns, to avoid ruby, ruby is longer so is faster than jasper so she likes to straight of ways...
jaspers also cheeky because hes small enough to fit under the swing at full speed but ruby isnt so when he needs to recoop he bolts under there where ruby cant get to him easily lol

the wowies hoever are all about the "mouth" play, they have this game of "whos mouth is bigger" and make grumbly sounds, while opening thier mouths as wide as possible infront of eathoer...

outside vixie and occasionally rosie will join in the games of chase but there not nearly fast enough to keep up with the nekkid ones!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 03-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Resident fainting goat

Romeo loves chase/ toy keepaway, thats his favorite. but he will only play it outside

Inside he is all about wrestling or "I bite your ear then I run away!!" lol
Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

I love watching the dogs play. The wrestle, tackle, chomp on throats, chase, get chased, jump, spin, body block, bite legs, necks etc.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Wookie Collie

Finn LOVES to play, but he's a bit weird.

He definitely adores a good game of chase, especially if he's the one being chased. He even plays chase with the cat at home, enticing her to run after him.

He likes to wrestle, but he also does this weird thing where he snaps the air in front of another dog's face. It's not aggressive or anything, seems like he's like "COME ON, bring it!" XD Other dogs tend to get a bit confused at him, but they play with him anyway :P

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Felurian

Kharma's favorite game is everyone else's least favorite. She likes to play "AHA! I've Got You Now!" It's a game of predatory stalking and chasing in silence, then catching with an intimidating RAWWWRRR of Triumph wherein the victim sees The Red Maw of Death waiting

The favorite game in the house is bedwrestling . . .

It often starts like this. Notice Bimmer is being nonchalant about the whole thing, lol

But his grrrrls can be very convincing

Resistance is futile

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-16-2010, 11:37 AM
<--------Orson

Orson is all about the smack down.........he LOVES using his front feet much like Boxers, LOL.........that and the big butt swing around to ram you, those are his main moves, LOL He'll still use the throat grab and wrestle though, LOL

Phoebe would much rather play chase, but she'll wrestle with him now and then, at least when she thinks we aren't looking For some reason, she gets all sheepish and calls off when she's 'caught' wrestling him
Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Felurian

Heheh . . . Kharma's another one who will use those giant paws for the smackdown, and that big ol' Brazilian butt to throw the opposition off their feet.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

Murphy is all about chasing. Mu and him will sit there and stare at each other and then he'll bolt off and she'll chase him so she can catch his tail and then he DRAGS her (which looks painful but clearly isn't lol) until he shakes her off. Then sometimes they go into wrestling mode whereby one of them "accidentally" falls over and is forced to open their mouth really wide and make ferocious noises at the other one's neck. It's pretty funny. Also Murphy will wait until I throw something for Mu and then chase her down and growl next to her. Then she drops the toy and they start wrestling again (this results in a lot of Caitlin fetch time...yay).
My favorite dogs to watch are my sister's dobie mutt and my parents' chessie. They hop up and down next to each other and slam their necks together and then one of them will spin around and get a butt bash in, all the time trying to see who can make the most noise. It is absolutely hilarious and reminds of the fight scene with Littlefoot's mom and the Sharptooth in the Land Before Time (except no one dies...lol).

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013