Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Felurian

Default Who Inspired You

to choose your breed or type of dog?

I had several inspirations for Tallulah; Miakoda, Lilbit, Luce, and definitely MizElla

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Resident fainting goat

Jessie and her crew! it was so great to see chihuahuas who weren't these evil lil monsters and that really kick started my interest in them.
I went into papillons for a while thanks to laur, but then when I found the opportunity to get Romeo...Jessies crew really encouraged me to get him and im so glad I did! Hes perfect!

So.. Chloe, Rylie and of course Mr.Tucker. But I just love Chloe, don't know what it is! lol its just that deer in the headlights look she gives in pictures..I wanna squish her!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:03 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Gee at first I thought you meant people.

Charlie my first lab first and foremost. Never before or since have I had a dog that intelligent, that willing to please and that dedicated to saving my butt. Literally.

If i could have another dog I would want a lab or lab mix like Mary. I don't have the energy for the tweeking energy of another pointer. I desire them because they are once again intelligent, but the way the move sends the artist in me over the top.

I love Pepper really I do. Would I get another terrier. God no. Life is too short for that kind of stubborn.. Hats off to all of you that choose them are your breed. You are far more patient than I am.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Felurian

It could be people or other dogs

Terriers? Stubborn? Surely you jest

Actually, Tallulah's not all that stubborn, she just gets distracted by her very strong drives and she's very impetuous, other than that she's eager to please.

If you look up stubborn, you'll see a photo of an adolescent Fila

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Squishy face

My favorite breed is now the Fila Brasiliero. Who made me love this breed? Opie! If I hadn't met him, I don't think I would have ever discovered the incredible breed that is Fila. Renee has helped, teaching me some things about Filas and helping me understand Opie's quirks. Oh and Cleo impressed upon me the power that these dogs have, and showed me that there is something primitive about the breed, something wild. I love it all!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:17 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My old boss then. I had good communication before but he taught me how to train.
There was a woman a trainer at the field trails, i don't even remember her name now, but she was someone I watched intently for she was just so dang good with her connections between the dogs that she worked and herself. I don't know how to explain it other than that. I learned a whole heck of a lot of what I would never do watching hunters.

Pepper is stubborn. Ultra.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Corgis?

My days on horse farms. Saw a few of them and they were adorable and smart and spunky and when the opportunity to own one came along, I couldn't say no.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
We are Home.

Filas- Hands down Renee and Kharma
APBT- my dad pure and simple.

Anatolians- Walker

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Top Dog

The first Jrt that I met in 1981 was called Tucker, amazing little dog that cracked me up all the time. Loved his attitude, energy and brains, from that moment on I knew one day I would have one........little did I know that they would take me on such a journey and adventrue. Or that I would end up having many of them lol. Can't imagine a life now without them.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:23 PM
We are Home.

Oh and for JRT's I would have to go with Ado and Dekka. I would love to own one but I only think that will happen when I cant own a big dog anymore. LOL

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie