Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Manchesters
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
Again, we bow down and kiss your feet and thank the dear Lord you have no say in our dog's health. !! You are not giving young owners much help when you say you know more than vets !! I'm glad for your dogs you can check their breathing and hearts, check their blood for heartworm , have a relibable source for needed drugs, etc. etc. As to going in for stitches, why ??? If their fencing is so great, then they must bite each other. Heck, I'd put on some freeze zone, add some antibiotic and stitch it up myself if I were you. Then your only vet bill would be putting them to sleep.....which I'm sure you could do too. Alot of people do it daily . Sorry, but you've gone too far with your mega " I know more than anyone " attitude. Also, since I'm 10 years your senior , respect me for some of my knowledge and experiences.
Of course I can check my dogs breathing and their hearts. That is what I spent $125 for a stethoscope for. Just like in the nursing training. And if you have understood what I wrote, you would have picked up on the fact that by using Ivomec there is no need to test blood for heartworm. And yeah, I have a source for needed drugs.....if I need any. Which I don't. Other than shots and Ivomec there is nothing else I need. Just the usual first aid items any household should have.

I am sorry you are so resentful of anyone who happens to be fully aware of just how much they DO know, and don't feel like kissing butt to be P.C. I have what some people call self esteem, and it seems that there are many people who do resent those of us who have self assurance. That is not MY problem! Tell me oh wise and experienced one......are you knowledgeable on what a PDA is? How it is diagnosed? What is the breathing rate for a dog? What is a normal pulse rate for a dog? Etc. You ask respect for YOUR knowledge, yet ridicule me for mine????? You may be 10 years older than I......big deal. My sister is 8 years older and had dogs for years. But she still seeks my advice before rushing off to the vet! And I ain't been wrong yet.....sorry about that!

I have had too many dogs killed by vets stupidity. One of them due to coccidia for doG's sake!!!!!!!!! You can have your vets.....I prefer to have my dogs alive, happy and healthy. You are welcome to your knowledge.......but if you have to take a dog to a vet to check its heart, then somebody's knowledge is not quite up to snuff!!!!! Or don't you own a stethoscope?

Anyway, I am bored with this issue. What I do or do not do with my dogs is my concern. If others wish to frequent a vet.....and they do not feel capable to oversee the health of their dogs......then by all means they should do so.

My dogs are bugging me.......they want their water bed back into the chair so they can go to sleep, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-18-2005, 12:54 AM
EliNHunter's Avatar
EliNHunter EliNHunter is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesters
Of course I can check my dogs breathing and their hearts. That is what I spent $125 for a stethoscope for. Just like in the nursing training. And if you have understood what I wrote, you would have picked up on the fact that by using Ivomec there is no need to test blood for heartworm. And yeah, I have a source for needed drugs.....if I need any. Which I don't. Other than shots and Ivomec there is nothing else I need. Just the usual first aid items any household should have.

I am sorry you are so resentful of anyone who happens to be fully aware of just how much they DO know, and don't feel like kissing butt to be P.C. I have what some people call self esteem, and it seems that there are many people who do resent those of us who have self assurance. That is not MY problem! Tell me oh wise and experienced one......are you knowledgeable on what a PDA is? How it is diagnosed? What is the breathing rate for a dog? What is a normal pulse rate for a dog? Etc. You ask respect for YOUR knowledge, yet ridicule me for mine????? You may be 10 years older than I......big deal. My sister is 8 years older and had dogs for years. But she still seeks my advice before rushing off to the vet! And I ain't been wrong yet.....sorry about that!

I have had too many dogs killed by vets stupidity. One of them due to coccidia for doG's sake!!!!!!!!! You can have your vets.....I prefer to have my dogs alive, happy and healthy. You are welcome to your knowledge.......but if you have to take a dog to a vet to check its heart, then somebody's knowledge is not quite up to snuff!!!!! Or don't you own a stethoscope?

Anyway, I am bored with this issue. What I do or do not do with my dogs is my concern. If others wish to frequent a vet.....and they do not feel capable to oversee the health of their dogs......then by all means they should do so.

My dogs are bugging me.......they want their water bed back into the chair so they can go to sleep, lol.
This is the most ridiculous post I've heard from you yet, MC. I'm so glad you own a $125 stethoscope and that if someone else doesn't and actually takes their dog to a horrid vet, they are irresponsible. Also, do you realize those blood glucose monitors and strips you use on your dogs have NO BEARING on what their true bG results are?? And how the heck would you treat their high blood sugars if you think they have them? With YOUR insulin?? How would you know the dosage and if they should even be on insulin instead of orals if even needed besides from diet. I warn everyone that reads MC's posts that she is "out there"...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-18-2005, 12:57 AM
nedim's Avatar
nedim nedim is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 6,736
Default

Rivetting conversation guys.lol From two legged dogs to stethesscopes to microwaves and heart attacks.lol
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Manchesters
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Your Density Is Showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
This is the most ridiculous post I've heard from you yet, MC. I'm so glad you own a $125 stethoscope and that if someone else doesn't and actually takes their dog to a horrid vet, they are irresponsible. Also, do you realize those blood glucose monitors and strips you use on your dogs have NO BEARING on what their true bG results are?? And how the heck would you treat their high blood sugars if you think they have them? With YOUR insulin?? How would you know the dosage and if they should even be on insulin instead of orals if even needed besides from diet. I warn everyone that reads MC's posts that she is "out there"...
You ever heard of that wonderful device invented by Bell???? Ya know....the one you call people on? Like...duh.....the telephone????

Everything you typed above is garbage. At least according to my vet whom I called to find out how to deal with Blaize's diabetes. Also......I take it you cannot afford an issue of Merk's Vet Manual??? So sad. And so foolish.

End of discussion.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-18-2005, 02:13 AM
Old Dog Old Dog is offline
Ol'Dogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fl
Posts: 118
Default

How do you think vets make the bulk of their money and gladly take it from uneducated petmentality people that run to their vets for every little toe ache.Pet people who expect their pets to be treated like their kids. They love it. I worked for 3 different vets they don't make money off breeders or show people. Vets would go broke if they depended on breeders and educated pet owners that know a little about what to do as in preventative medicine for their pets but actually they like us because they respect our opions and when we do have to take our pet in we usually have a good idea what the problem is. I work with my vet and I know whenever I need him he will be there for me.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-18-2005, 03:15 AM
EliNHunter's Avatar
EliNHunter EliNHunter is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesters
You ever heard of that wonderful device invented by Bell???? Ya know....the one you call people on? Like...duh.....the telephone????.
And that has to do with.... ????????????

Quote:
At least according to my vet whom I called to find out how to deal with Blaize's diabetes..
What the h*ll is Blaize's diabetes????

Quote:
Also......I take it you cannot afford an issue of Merk's Vet Manual??? So sad. And so foolish..
LMAO - ROFLMAO - LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-18-2005, 09:45 AM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

When I problems with Yukon's ear I called Manchesters---ear was healed in three days, no hugh vet bill. Thank you Manchesters.

I will be starting Oct1 using Ivomec instead of paying $75 a year per dog; I will have 2 soon; to have a vet give me the same thing only in a beef chew.

If I have a vet question I go directly to OldDog and to Manchesters first. If they do not satisfy me then I search for a vet that I can trust---good luck on that one here too. It is all about how much money they can suck you for. I have never had to go to a vet after speaking with OldDog or Manchesters. Only saw a vet on Yukon's shoulder injury because it required x rays and someone else was paying for it.


I also know that Manchesters dogs are very well cared for and they live the life of luxioury. I wish I was one of her dogs!!!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Manchesters
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default The Price Of Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
And that has to do with.... ????????????
What the h*ll is Blaize's diabetes????LMAO - ROFLMAO - LOL
First off, I do want to semi-apologize for getting a bit testy in the previous posts. After two days of being dependent on Microsoft to try to solve a registry key problem, and then having a kind young lady from Trend Micro send me the solution in like 10 minutes, I was not in the best frame of mind. Plus having to pay Microsoft $35 for the privilege of being on the phone with them for a total of about 11 hours. Supposedly they are going to refund that money.

So having someone such as yourself and Smkie coming up with totally ridiculous stuff just to bug me just kinda finished the joy of the last two days. Otherwise I would not have even bothered responding to such stuff.

Anyway........since you did not in the least bit comprehend what I wrote.......I will explain for you. You had commented on my treatment of canine diabetics. Did I know the dog needed insulin instead of pills.....difference in insulin......difference in BG readings between dogs and people, etc, etc, etc.

What I was telling you was that I CALLED the vet, told him that I had tested BLAIZE's bg, told him what it was and got his suggestions on how to handle it. And of course there are several newsgroups for owners of diabetic dogs. Well....actually that answers both of your queries.....about what the h'll is Blaize's diabetes, lol.

If you folks feel you are doing so much more for your dogs by dragging them to a vet's office.....then by all means do so. You have not had near the exposure to dog health issue that even a casual breeder has had. And I mean an educated breeder, who has worked closely with a vet over a few decades, by the way.

For instance......we will use one of my litters as an exemplar.......mother has a booster shot about 4 months prior to breeding. Mother has been on Ivomec all her life, so no concern about worms and such. Mother is fed gormet meals throughout pregnancy. Pups are whelped, mother and pups are cleaned up and dried, and put into whelping box. Puppies are closely examined several times a day, and played "beep beep" several times a day. After 4 days, puppies start playing "beep beep" back!

Mother if fed gormet throughout lactation. Puppies grow and develop as puppies are want to do. At 5 weeks of age pups are given Ivomec, just in case a worm snuck from mother to kids. At 8 weeks they get first shot, then every 3 weeks until age of 4 months.

At no time do they go near a vet's office. If I have a pup I am selling out putting out on co-ownership, it gets a health certificate from the vet. Vet looks at eyes, flips u a lip, peers into ears, and listens to heart. I show him the shot record. Then gives me the certificate.

That is the way breeders do it. Of course having not bred for 7 years now I do miss the pitter patter of baby feets.

Oh, and you keep yammering that I think I know it all------well, just where do you think I LEARNED it all? From the vets, from research, from hands on experience, and from the experiences of hundreds of other breeders. I may not know it all, but I can wager that I know more than any pet owner on this forum. The only one I would trust to know as much or more would be Mary McQueen----because she is a BREEDER in the true sense of the word, and I am sure has had the same experiences over the years that I have had. And then of course there is Old Dog, from whom I picked up a good part of what I do know. It is nice having a vet tech for a friend, rofl.

So.......I hope that people will stop the character assination attempts just because some of you think I am "too big for my britches". Just take my word.....I do not say something unless I have the FACTS to back it up and/or the experience to PROVE those facts and experiences. The thing is......I ONLY NEED TO PROVE THOSE FACTS TO MYSELF, TO MY OWN SATISFACTION! If the others here wish to picture my poor little dogs dragging themselves around breathing their last breaths....that is THEIR problem.

Oh, and the reason Yucky knows what shape my dogs are in is because SHE HAS SEEN THEM! She even got to see Birdie Girl flash a quick "FROG LEGS".

You all have a fantastic day. I am about to start learning how to partition my hard drive. I am sure it will be a fun experience......hardehardehardehar.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-18-2005, 12:46 PM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Oh, and the reason Yucky knows what shape my dogs are in is because SHE HAS SEEN THEM! She even got to see Birdie Girl flash a quick "FROG LEGS".

Yes and they are all so cute but I think Twit was my favorite. Robin is a close second. They sure looked awefully happy to me, poor abused dogs, jumping up on the chair with their mommy and sleeping on mommy.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-18-2005, 01:13 PM
bubbatd's Avatar
bubbatd bubbatd is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 64,812
Default

To each his own ... I thought on one post you advised getting getting all the tests for hips,heart ,eyes etc ?? You do this too ??? Also, I thought you said your puppy's had health checks 3 times from vets before they left you at 12 weeks ?? Also, I thought you slept in a chair at night, because of your bad back. Also, since my dog weighs 90 #s, only his head lays on me at night, or a paw draped over me. And sorry , I leave his heart issue up to his wonderful vets. They rate the changes, and will tell me when it's time for a implant....which is something I wouldn't be able to do....I'm not a heart surgeon . My goldens lived to be 12 and over...your manchesters should be living until 16 or over. Glad you help so many on this forum...I listen to you , but trust my vets for their once a year check ups. The rest I treat myself.
__________________
A light for all who are crossing dark times.


http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site