Building agility equipment - what to use for contacts

CaliTerp07

So this morning, I built a teeter for Lucy. Considering I've never built anything in my life, I'm pretty darn pleased with myself! :D

My question is, what do you guys use for the surface? Right now it's just a board, so I obviously need something to provide traction. I was thinking of mixing sand in with paint. Good idea? Anyone have better suggestions? I saw that cleanrun sells traction stuff, but I'm not paying $100+ for it!

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I use tremclad paint, add a generous layer of sand. Let dry, brush off and then repaint with tremclad.

CaliTerp07

What's tremclad? I've never heard of that, and a search of home depot's website brings up nothing.

Can you use regular sand bag sand, or does it need to be coarser? I would think coarser is better.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
If you go to, like, Menards or Home Depot or something, in the paint section they sell sand stuff that is used for steps, poolside, and stuff like that. That's what I bought. I bought one bag and have used it on my a-frame and table, and I still have plenty left.

adojrts

I have an excellent surface on my contact equipment, painted it, dried, painted again and then covered in Sand blasting Sand about $5.00 per bag. Dry and sweep off any extra sand, paint again.

CaliTerp07

Thanks all! I bought bright blue and yellow paint today at home depot, along with sand made for laying pavers (grittier than sandbox sand--hopefully it will work).

By tomorrow, I should have weave poles, jumps, a tire jump, and a teeter in my backyard! Not bad!

Members online

No members online now.