Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I know this is going to sound kind of strange, but we treat socks, underwear, etc like they are Jack poison in our house. If we are dealing with laundry at all, Jack is crated are in another room completely...

He still finds ways to eat random crap though (and sometimes literal crap--lol). He'll eat a piece of fuzz or something off the floor and be coughing on it all night. Gotta love labs and lab mixes!
Morgan shows zero interest in these things if we're in the room and watching. It's only if he's alone that this has happened. We just need to be more careful that the tempting things get put away properly... It was a dumb slip-up on our part today.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Obey the Toad.

We had an incident last Thanksgiving when we forgot to latch the closet (yes, our closet has a double latch so that Sally doesn't open the doors and let Jack in) and Jack go in there. There was a laundry basket of dirty socks and we were certain he had eaten one and took him to the e-vet. He had eaten something, but it was paper towels (lord knows where he found those in the closet), not socks.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:07 AM
My dog tickles my soul

I just wanted to update everybody that Morgan is back to his usual, goofy old self this morning. He thinks he's really special to be eating canned food for the weekend. I can tell he's VERY sorry. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Oy, bad Morgan!
Doh! I missed this last night somehow.

I do have to agree with you, Laur... NOT one of Morgan's better ideas (again).
Old 03-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Love my pets

I'm so glad to hear Morgan is okay. They do know how to scare us.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:32 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Good you were able to get it up for Morgan and for your pocket book.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 03-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Top Dog

Glad to know he's OK ! VCA is closer to me too . I have their number and been there with my neighbor . They seem very nice .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

Great to hear he's OK!!

That was a very bad idea, Morgan ...quit scaring your human parental units!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
Morgan shows zero interest in these things if we're in the room and watching. It's only if he's alone that this has happened.
Hmmm ... separation anxiety?
While you're there he's fine; when you're not, he goes for and chews/eats something that smells like you. (clothing, towel, blanket)
Old 03-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Top Dog

Glad hes feeling much better.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Animal Nut!

Oh Im so glad there is a happy ending to that story. Good call bringing him to the vets, Im glad you did. That can cause a huge amount of problems, even infections.

One time Rocky ate a cigarette wrapper that blew into the backyard. Rocky was choking like crazy and we did not know what was going on. She just kept choking so we rushed her in. The vet X-rayed her stomach, nothing. Which was $200. He should have X-rayed her throat. She came home because the vet said she looked okay and of course they stop choking when they get to the vets, lol. Anyway, she ate some grass outside and her stomach was all weird, I was about to run up to her but my boyfriend said lets just wait, let her do what ever she feels. So I waited and she threw up a cigarette wrapper. People who litter I tell ya!!!!

But she ended up being fine. We took the wrapper to the vets to show him. I was kind of mad at him but I have faith in the guy. Hes put up with my obsessions bringing in my animals for no reason at all, just maybe sleeping funny or breathing funny, Im paranoid.

A couple times he said, Go home Courtney no charge. And rolled his eyes and giggled at me. I do trust him though. Ive been going to him my entire life.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:22 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenRetriever View Post
Great to hear he's OK!!

That was a very bad idea, Morgan ...quit scaring your human parental units!!

Hmmm ... separation anxiety?
While you're there he's fine; when you're not, he goes for and chews/eats something that smells like you. (clothing, towel, blanket)

Honestly, SA may have something to do with it, but at the same time doesn't really fit. When I say "alone" I mean Morgan had wandered into a different room, but my husband was in the house with him. That is the first time something like this has happed while somebody was home.

A week or so ago we accidentally left Morgan uncrated while we were at work all day, but he didn't touch a single thing in the whole eight hours he had the house to himself.

On Friday, he wandered upstairs on his own and ate the pajamas despite my husband being home with him. Also despite the fact that he'd already been fed dinner.

With the towel a couple months ago, Morgan was locked up while we were gone for the day, but we had left the mud towel (for wiping his paws) too close to the crate, so he pulled it in and ate it.

I'm not trying to say it isn't SA, but if it is, I have NO clue what his trigger is... because the three above scenarios tell me conflicting messages. I guess it's isn't pet ownership if something made sense. LOL!