Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Bored Now.

You HAVE to post that first one. OMGSOCUTESQUEEEE!

Okay, taking a couple deep breaths now.

I second the suggestion of a little more past history and a link to the shelter, though.

Lola's Dad, since you seem to care so much about what the puppy is being fed, you should get the contact information of the shelter from Adrienne and donate some better food. You know, doing something productive instead of criticizing how this puppy is being taken care of while he's being fostered.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Lola's Dad, since you seem to care so much about what the puppy is being fed, you should get the contact information of the shelter from Adrienne and donate some better food. You know, doing something productive instead of criticizing how this puppy is being taken care of while he's being fostered.
I think that's a great idea.

How about sending some food to all the dogs in third world countries as well? For instance, all of the dogs who aren't even fed at all?

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 03-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
If you can, take him outside (so you won't have to use the flash) onto some green grass, get down right on his level (maybe even on your stomach).

Really cute expression on that first pic though

It's a good ad.
I agree with this! It really helps pics pop.

He's adorable and should find a home soon!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Top Dog

I used to write petfinder bios several years ago and did one last summer for my foster puppy.

I agree with getting different pictures. When someone browses on petfinder, they see each animal initially in tiny little thumbnail images (I'm sure you've done it before). You want a picture that has a solid(ish) background with a severe contrast against the dog. That way, the views can easily see the image and are more likely to click. If the image isn't a square, it's best to do one that's in a landscape format because it'll show up larger in that thumbnail image.

As for the bio... I like it, but I would add/change a few things. First, I'd mention his age. He looks to be a very young puppy, so I would try to get your best guesstimate on his actual age to the week (or month), rather than just saying "young". The other thing that I'd do is try to lighten your tone and bring out his true personality/quirks without sounding too gushy. Basically, you don't want to make the "Hi I'm fluffy and I am C.U.T.E" type of ad, but you should also try to avoid the "Max is a lab/golden mix, 3 years old, housebroken, and likes people. Call to visit."

I think right now you have a pretty happy medium, leaning towards to latter. A few ideas... Does your puppy like socks? Maybe throw in a smile worthy comment about how you'd better watch your feet when he's around. Does he think he's a big dog? Maybe throw in a lighthearted comment about how he thinks he's tough, but we all know better. Does he just love to eat? Mention how his new adopter will be adopting a friend and floor polisher all in one. You get the picture. You want to humanize the dog without making the reader want to gag.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Top Dog

I agree about adding his age - maybe put in an approximate birthday so that you don't have to update his age every week - because the age is the FIRST thing I ask when I'm looking at a new dog. I also agree about putting an approximate adult weight, even a large range estimate would be fine.

He's so cute, hopefully he'll get adopted soon!