Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 07-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Active Pup

Default Lost My Best Friend

I just lost my best friend in the whole world to kidney failure. He was a beautiful Shetland Sheepdog named Rex. He lived to be 13 years old. He was my best friend and companion. I miss him so much. I found this site on the internet, and I thought I would check it out. Sue
Old 07-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Show Dog

hey! welcome to the forums!! sorry to hear about rex. what color was he? I have three shelties!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Alpha Dog

Hi Sue, Welcome to Chazhound Dog Forums!

So sorry to hear about your recent loss

Chazhound
Old 07-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Felurian

Oh, Sue, it doesn't matter how long they are in our lives, it's always too soon to part with our wonderful dog-friends. Just know that somewhere Rex is still watching over you with wise eyes and a full heart.

No one will ever fill Rex' place in your heart, but one day you will look into a pair of bright, shining eyes and you will know that this is the one to make another, very very special place in your heart.

We'd love to hear your stories about Rex.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Active Pup

Default About Rex

He was a beautiful Tri-Colored Shetland Sheepdog that we found abandoned over the July 4th weekend of 1991. He was the best dog ever. He gave me 13 years of happiness and love. It is still hard to sleep at night without him by my side. I miss him dearly. He was a special dog. He actually saved my life when a burglar tried to break into my house! He barked and warned me that someone was trying to break into our house. Rex was a very smart little dog with a heart of gold. I would do anything to hold him again. Thanks for responding to my email. Sue
Old 07-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Big Dog

i'm so sorry for your loss. i know when we put my collie (cara) down i took it pretty hard. she was a great dog and loved us all very much as i'm sure rex loved you. i just kept telling myself that cara was in a better place and she wasn't suffering anymore, and i think that's what got me through. she was 10 years old, almost 11 and she was the first family dog we ever had. i was three when we got her and when i see pictures of her and i think about what it was like having her around, i still get sad. but now we have penny (she's a golden who just turned 3) to love and she has her own special place in our heart, as does cara. we'll keep you in our thoughts.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Ripley Girl

I'm fortunate enough to not have had too many family and friends die, only one actually. So the loss of pets is all I really know and that is so hard. I had to have my minpin Simba put to sleep when he was 7. He had squamous cell cancer in his neck. He was the first pet I wa sin to room with when he went to sleep and it haunted me for a very long time. I still have his pictures up around the house. Whenever he pops into my thoughts out of the blue I know he is around me. They are always around and will be the first to greet us when we go Home.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:13 PM
iluvmydogs04

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue
I just lost my best friend in the whole world to kidney failure. He was a beautiful Shetland Sheepdog named Rex. He lived to be 13 years old. He was my best friend and companion. I miss him so much. I found this site on the internet, and I thought I would check it out. Sue
Hi,
Welcoem to Chazhound! I am so sorry about your Sheltie I had a sheltie that died of kidney disease and he was so sweet! shelties are such good dogs.
I still miss him. I am very sorry,'
Amanda
Old 07-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue
Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear about your recent loss. It is always so hard when you lose a pet, but you can always remember the good times that you had with Rex.

I'm really glad that you found our forum, there are lots a cool people to talk to here.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:47 AM
Wolfpack

Unhappy Hi...

Wow...What a sad story Serena...You know,I really cried.Even though I haven't had a pet that died.I'm sorry for anybody who's pet died..It's so sad...