Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Active Pup

Default Need advice on 2 things please!

I'm a new member spending lot's of time today reading the forum!!
I am a hair stylist by trade for 28 years. I am TIRED of *grooming* humans and thought I would try my hand at grooming small breeds. I breed Yorkshire Terriers and Biewers and have been doing my own dogs and also some that I have placed. I am thinking of buying this course to learn the basics... ALL About Dog Grooming - Home Study Professional Training - Dog Grooming Tools I wondered if anyone has taken this course or heard anything about it?

Also I am looking for a dryer and honestly do not know what to buy. I was looking at this one and would appreciate any insight as whether this is a good dryer to purchase? Challengair™ 9000II™ Stand Dryer

Thanks in advance for any info!!
Molly
Yorkshire Terriers of Distinction ~ Welcome to Cloverdale Yorkies
Almost Heaven Biewers ... Exquisite Biewer's for loving pets and show potential!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Professional Groomer

Hi Molly! If you do choose pet grooming as a career it is an incredible field and one you will find tons of enjoyment in! It would highly recommend going to PetGroomerForums.com and reading everything you can in the Career Seekers section.

As for doing online courses, if you have no other options they are ok but you will not be ready to start your own business after completing it. If you really want a good education find a groomer who will train you or go to a grooming school. There is tons of information on this at the site I mentioned before.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Active Pup

Thanks so much for the advice. I realize that I will not learn what I need to but hopefully will learn enough to have some skills before I ask for a apprenticeship somewhere! Thanks for the link! I just joined and will spend sometime there tomorrow.