Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 09-30-2004, 08:27 AM
Felurian

Dogs are supposed to be spoiled!
Old 10-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Alpha Dog

Max must have been a really special dog. I would love to hear his stories
Old 10-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Active Pup

Unhappy

i am very sorry about your dog, he died very young and i share your pain!! i too have had a dog very close to me die, his name was hootch and here's my story. we got hootch when he was 14, hi real owner was in the hospital with a kidney problem. his owner died so we were the owners of hootch (my family and i) hootch started to go blind and had very severe autritus. he couldnt walk up or down stairs so that meant he couldnt go outside to go to the bathroom. he pooped all over himself and was just pitiful. finally we had to let him go at the age of 16. we let him live longer thaan we should of. he was suffering and i guess it was his time to go. i still miss him and some times i cry about it. i see pics of him on my computer almost every day.
i share your pain max mason,
dumbchick101
Old 10-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Active Pup

Hey dont beat yourself up over not being there if it was a heart attack theres nothin you could have done that you wernt already doing.I lost my old dog who was my best friend about 7 week ago he was 15 old i know but still in my eyes he would live forever,one minuet he was layed next to me having a cuddle then he got down and was sick and started gasping .I rushed him straight to the vet but they couldnt do nothing for him i had no choice but to put him to sleep,it was one of the worst moments of my life i held him so tight when they injected him and just cried like a baby.Your not alone at least you can share your pain here with people who understand
and that will help and just remember all the good times you shared.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:48 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

Hey thanks everyone for being here for me, I still miss my baby very very much and always will. But at least my new puppy Ginger has taken some of the hurt away. I still think of him every day and all the time still, but life has to go on and I know I gave him a good life and spoiled him rotten :P. But then again he spoiled me rotten too, I will never forget all the time we spent together and I really miss that. Anyway Ginger is like the total opposite of Max lol, I don't think she's going to be as loving, but then again kinda hard to tell at just 3 months old. She is a terror haha, anyway thx for everyones support it really has helped me alot.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Puppy Dog

Thats right sharing stories of Max helps relieve the pain held inside of you. I had a hamster that I loved so much, and he passed away one morning which made me cry even though i had him for 1/2 year, but we bond very close. Well everytime i tell a story of us, it makes me smile beause all the wonderful things we did together and the fun times.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMason
Hey thanks everyone for being here for me, I still miss my baby very very much and always will. But at least my new puppy Ginger has taken some of the hurt away. I still think of him every day and all the time still, but life has to go on and I know I gave him a good life and spoiled him rotten :P. But then again he spoiled me rotten too, I will never forget all the time we spent together and I really miss that. Anyway Ginger is like the total opposite of Max lol, I don't think she's going to be as loving, but then again kinda hard to tell at just 3 months old. She is a terror haha, anyway thx for everyones support it really has helped me alot.
Max will never be replaced. But you will always have new babies to keep the love alive! I know from experience. When I lost my beloved Yogo a year ago I thought I would never get another dog. I still had my beloved Eli to love, but he missed his "brother' so. So, I sprung a lab from the shelter 5 months later. Now my Eli is sick and dying (lymphoma). Thank GOD for my lab, Hunter now!. I know he's not a replacement for Yogi OR Eli... he's just yet another baby I have to love for the rest of his life. I can't wait for the rainbow bridge reunion with all my babies. It's going to be sweet :-)
Old 01-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Felurian

And Hunter will continue the legacy of Yogi and Eli. Each dog learned from the older dog, and the line will continue on. You'll be able to see Hunter do things he learned to do from Eli, and Hunter will pass some of those things on to the next dog who shares your lives.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-17-2005, 11:36 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I too lost my dog at 7 years. I was angry and felt cheated because he was suppose to be in his prime..I was suppose to have so many more good years with him. I am so so sorry for your loss..his love will always be with you...from your words it is obvious you gave him a loved life. Hold to that, know that you gave him what he wanted most. Smkie
Old 01-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

So sorry about Max. It's never easy to lose our best friends. Having had goldens since 1949 I've said too many goodbyes. My hardest was 4 years ago when my beloved Bubba ( people said I should have called him Velcro , he was so close to me) dropped dead from a heart attck with no previous problems. He was a huge golden and was only 10 yrs.old. Luckily I have another golden , but no dog will ever replace what we had together. It still hurts. At least he didn't suffer and make me make the choice to let me go. He did what was best for me, as always.