Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 09-27-2004, 08:37 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

Default Please help

Hi, My dog Max died Saturday,he had a bad heart and he finally gave out. He was only 6 years old almost 7 next March. I was giving him medicine everyday and never ever missed a day. He seemed fine the night before and my grandmother who I live with and help take care of let him out cause he wanted out. I slept late that day and when I got up I found him dead in the yard, he was a house dog a Golden Retriever and he was always following me around and he even slept with me. This is seriously THE worst pain I have ever felt in my life, I miss him so much and have been crying alot.

I had him cremated and have his remains close to me and I do feel a little better. But I can't help but blame myself in a way cause if I would've been up do you guys think I could've saved him? I don't totally know if he died from a heart attack, but I just figured that's what happened cause of his bad heart. There was nothing outside that coulda killed him and I don't have any rat poisoning or anything like that. I guess I just need someone to talk to, because I know he's with me in spirit but I still hurt alot.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Felurian

Oh, I am so, so, so sorry. It does hurt so terribly, but you did take good care of him, making sure he got the care and medicine he needed, loving him so much.

From what you've said, his heart probably just wore out finally. He probably asked to go outside because he just wanted to lie down quietly and sleep his way into eternity. When my Buffy died (two years old, from poisoning) she wanted to stay right with me up until her last night. Then she asked to go curl up in the bed in the laundry room where she slept when she was a puppy. I went out the next morning and found that she had drifted off in her sleep.

It does hurt - more than just about anything, but I really believe that they are waiting for us. Keep your heart open, and someday, when the time is right, you'll meet a dog or puppy and you'll just know that this is the one Max has sent to fill your loneliness.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:48 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

thanks Renee for the response made me tear up it hurts so much. I was closer to him than anyone else really. When you think about it you spend alot of time with your pets. I just hope he died quick and didn't have to suffer any. I don't know maybe him dyin now preventing him from suffering in the future cause the vet told me there was no cure for this. And I do believe I will be with him again someday. Just finding him lying in the yard was so hard to take, and it just made me feel like I coulda done something. I wish he woulda died in the house or in my bed, but maybe that woulda been more painful. I just hope he knew how much I loved him cause like I had put on his faceplate on his urn... God sent us a Angel and that angel was you. He was seriously my angel
Old 09-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Top Dog

I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is the hardest thing to lose a pet. It is like a knife right through your heart. He is your angel and he will always be with you. If you need to talk anymore we will be here to listen.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:09 AM

Don't you fret for a minute.....you did everything and your sweet friend knew it. I'm so sorry for your loss, your pain and sadness. Try to just remember the joy, and know you will be together again one day. (((((HUGS)))))
Old 09-28-2004, 11:14 AM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

Thanks for the responses, I'm still feeling guilty for not being up guess that's just normal dunno. I did call his doctor today and he said there was nothing that coulda been done. I don't think I ever have cried this much in my life, I really miss my Max alot. But least he's in a place that he will never suffer, have to take anymore medicine, and never have to get anymore shots. All I can think about is him, and I'm sooo happy he was in my life.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Love my pets

Please try to remember all the good times you had with Max. My father passed away recently and I know how much it hurts. My pets are my family, too. I know Max is in a good place, at peace, and playing with all the dogs all of us have had in our lives. Don't be hard on yourself; Max probably went outside to go in peace and not have you suffer any longer. He loved you and watches over you now.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:55 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

I for sure had a alot of good times with Max. Thank god he was in my life
Old 09-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Felurian

When you feel more like it, how about sharing some Max Stories with us in the Dog Stories forum?
Old 09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
My Ginger Bread Cookie

Here is a link to see some of my sweet Max pics
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=your_stuff
As you can tell he slept in the bed lol, I think I had him spoiled and I'm proud of it . And yes Renee I would be more than happy to share some stories of him.