Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Slowly but surely......

Default Trying to figure Sadie out...

Ok. So I know Sadie is a lab/pit mix. We didn't get her from a breeder,it was just someone who had a litter was selling puppies, not the best way to get a dog I know..

Anyways the owners said that her mother was a pure bred lab and the father was a lab pit mix as well. At first I thought she showed alot of pitbull in her and then I started looking at more and more pictures of female labs and I think she shows more lab now. I know she doesn't have the lab "otter like" tail and she has slight wrinkles on her forehead when she pushes her ears foreward. I also think her coat is more pitbull like but her coat probably isnt at its fullest. But its hard,dense,and corse on most of her body,except around her face,ears,and neck its soft and oily.

I'm just curious as to what parts of her say pit and what parts say lab, how big she's going to get. She's 6 months right now and I weighed her at 43 pounds. I don't know if she's going to stay smaller and buff up like a pitbull or just grow larger and more balanced like a lab.

heres a picture of her when she was around 4 months

This is around 5 months

And these were just taken yesterday

I know it really doesn't matter..but i'm too much of a nerd and love looking at dogs and noticing different breeds.

Last edited by JPuckett1989; 02-18-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

Honestly, I only see Lab in her. Many of the ones not bred from show lines look like her.

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 02-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Slowly but surely......

The owner said that her mom was a bird dog and she definitely has the personality and energy of a field dog. Is a white spot on the chest common in labs? I always thought she looked really lean for lab as well.

Oh and did i mention she hates water? She jumps over puddles and when it rained when we stilled lived at our apartment she would walk on the speed bumps to avoid the water on in the road.

Last edited by JPuckett1989; 02-18-2010 at 12:26 PM.